Technical Support Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an amazing opportunity to work with one of our Global IT clients as a Global Technical Support Engineer, officially based in Dublin, though the successful candidate can work remotely, anywhere in Ireland. This is an outsourced contract position, initially for 3 months.
A typical day will include:
- Working directly with developers, merchants and internal teams on post-integration issues to provide technical support, consulting and best practices. External customers contact through tickets. Internal customers use different contact avenues depending on priority.
- Conducting test scenarios for technical issues with code, software, hardware, devices and endpoints.
- Installing and configuring test environments, payment APIs and eCommerce products.
- Identifying irregularities in functionality and unexpected behaviours with products and services.
- Developing in-depth technical information (sample code, white papers, FAQs, snippets) for distribution to merchants.
- Developing and conducting demos of product functionality.
- Participating in the development of tools, systems and processes to improve product supportability.
- Taking part in weekend on-call rotation responsibilities.
What does Success Look Like?
- You have achieved goals and objectives set for the team and you for the given time period.
- You have provided best in class white glove customer experience.
- You have made sure all our contact avenues are covered (community forum, phone line, ticket queue)
- You have prioritized the incoming contacts by severity and TPV impact, addressing them with the agreed Service Level.
- You have escalated any potential bugs to the Product Development teams.
- You have communicated with your team to ascertain synchrony on current contact drivers.
- You have conveyed your learnings from the cases you had worked to the rest of the team, potentially by creating/updating training material.
- 2+ years of experience in web development and/or technically-oriented customer service.
- BSc degree in an IT-related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with software application debugging and troubleshooting
- Understanding of REST
- Understanding of Linux/Unix commands
- Understanding of basic SQL Commands
- Some understanding of Firewalls, proxy, HTTP Errors, server-side errors, TCP/IP
If you are interested in this opportunity or similar opportunities, please feel free to contact me via email on firstname.lastname@example.org