Support Analyst to work as part of a team providing 24 x 7 cover.
The current configuration of the support working hours will be working on a Monday to Friday 9-5:30 working week, with on call for out of hours for typically one week of 7 days each month, on occasion this may be two weeks in the month. Bank holiday will be worked and time will off will be provided in lieu.
The role is two-fold; firstly, to provide second line support for the company’s software solutions, which are implemented on server and mobile platforms. Secondly, the support resource pool has a staff rotation through the QA department on a weekly basis. The support staff will work for week long periods under the management of the QA manager.
The role :
- Recording inbound support issues in an incident management system.
- Managing the incident through incident lifecycle.
- Investigation of issues raised, providing a fix or workaround if possible.
- Determining prioritisation of incidents, involving senior resource where applicable.
- Recreate any potential development bug in the test environment.
- Creating development investigation cases for potential bugs, providing all relevant information to allow the development team to investigate and fix the issue.
- Part the testing team for the testing of new developments and change controls.
- The role will involve managing the deployed software versions on the customer sites.
- Co-ordinating the deployment of new software version with the customer.
- The support services are provided through email and phone services and are principally office based.
- In order to fulfil the role the candidate will be using relational database technology on a daily basis.
- Access to live sites are provided to through various different remote control technologies.
Activities in this department will involve:-
- Working on Test plans
- Executing Test Plans
- Using the Testing management software tarantula
- Using the Automated test platform EggPlant.
- Working knowledge of Windows environments including servers, using Server 2008, Server 2008R2, Server 2012, Windows 10.
- Must have experience working with a relational database. Ideally Sybase, however any of the recognised industry standard RDBMS technology, such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL.
- Must have a strong understanding of Structure Query Language SQL and have practical experience of using SQL
- Be competent in the use of XML
- Be fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows the suite of Microsoft Office tools
- Must have IT industry qualification.
Ideal but not essential
- Knowledge of Communications technologies including some of the following; GSM, GPRS, 3G, VPN, APN, SSL
- Knowledge of Networking Architectures
- Experience in the Mobile solutions market place
- Familiarity with mobile hardware offering in the market place
- Experience working with Windows Mobile 6.5
- Virtualisation and private cloud setup and use.
- Experience in testing software.
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Android
- Ideally, a min of 3 years experience in the industry preforming the job role described.
- Ideally should have worked in a commercial software house, however not essential
- Must have previous experience of supporting application software.
- Must have an aptitude to understand business software.
- Must be able to work within a structured team and in an individual capacity depending on the complexity of the support call.
- Must be able manage the prioritisation of inbound support issues.
- Must be able to furnish references if requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of users.