Senior Software Quality Engineer
Position is open to Euro / Irish Citizens and Stamp 4 Visa Holders only.
1915492 – Senior Software Quality Engineer
Our Client is seeking a new member to join one of our Agile squads working on a new emerging product that is utilising the leading industry software testing frameworks and tools. The role requires the individual to be very strong with both technical and communication skills.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of technical Software Quality Engineering experience
- Certifications in ISTQB, AWS and/or Azure are desirable but not essential.
The Purpose of Your Role
The candidate is required to provide quality leadership and hands-on technical contributions to ensure their squad consistently ship high quality deliverables. The individual will be working with both local squad members as well as interacting regularly with other squads across various time zones and locations. A central part of the role is communication, providing clear visibility on ongoing activities as well as working with your colleagues to continually improve processes and best practices.
The Skills You Bring
- You will have excellent all-round communication skills, including listening, providing accurate feedback, presenting, asking questions, providing regular status updates, seeking clarity and being empathetic.
- You can demonstrate that you have a solid proven background of participating in an Agile team, including a thorough understanding of Agile ceremonies and can explain your participation in these ceremonies.
- You have work environment experience of at least 2 years on the following:o Jira or Rallyo Selenium Web Drivero TestNG or JUnito Java (can demonstrate custom code solutions you have created)o SQLo RESTful web serviceso Code repositories (e.g. Stash or Bitbucket)
- It is beneficial if you have work environment experience of at least 6 months on the following:o Cucumbero Maveno REST Assuredo Pythono Dockero Cloud (AWS and/or Azure)
The Value You Deliver
- You will continually influence your squad to improve their Agile working practices with the end goal of delivering higher quality software at a more regular rate.
- You are recognised as being an active participant in your squad’s Agile ceremonies and quarterly planning sessions.
- You are diplomatic, providing open feedback whilst taking other individuals’ feedback on-board and being open to receiving constructive feedback.
- You can demonstrate that you can quickly gather detailed domain knowledge for the products you will be working on.• You bring a strong technical background to compliment the frameworks already in place but are pro-active in highlighting improvements or changes that you feel should be made.
- You are comfortable with being a technical mentor for other engineers and recognised as a technical thought leader / go-to person.
- Test automation is a natural part of how you test software deployments and you always seek to automate first where there is value.
- You can quickly mine data and help troubleshoot test environment issues.
- You are provided with a large amount of time to continually self-learn. You fully utilize this time to help grow your capabilities and bring this growth to your squad work.