Senior Software Engineer
Our Galway based client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join a team of software engineers developing high-quality applications to service the financial trading industry. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on high-value products that support our customers in providing high-value products within Asset Management, focused primarily on AWS Cloud Development.
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
• PLSQL experience preferable or desire to work with Database products
• Test Automation (JUnit, Cucumber, Mockito, EasyMock or any other mocking framework)
• Build Tools (Maven)
• AWS Cloud Experience is preferable.
• Experience of Agile development practices
The Skills You Bring
• You have strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks at a given time
• You have excellent communication skills
• You thrive in a team environment, collaborating openly with colleagues on shared items of work and communicating effectively
• Someone who is passionate about their craft and has an interest and flexibility to learn and develop using the latest technologies and frameworks
• You can act independently under general direction.
The Value You Deliver
• Work with a cross-functional team to understand project objectives, use cases and systems design requirements.
• Development of creative and innovative technical solutions.
• May determine and develop approaches to solutions.
• Report status, identify issues/risks and provide alternative plans for recovery.
• Follow standard processes and methodologies.
• Mentoring of junior team members.
• Help to refine development standards for the team.