Senior Software Engineer – Data
This position is open to Irish Citizens and Stamp 4 holders only.
Our client’s workspace encourages fresh ideas, creative thinking and rewards visionary, passionate individuals. They pride ourselves on a culture that allows you to share, collaborate and be yourself in a highly dynamic and inclusive workplace.
They are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer to work on a delivery team developing, implementing and maintaining a Product core to client’s Investment organization.
Are you looking for a collaborative new opportunity? Do you want the opportunity to work closely with business and technology partners across Ireland and the US?
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline• Minimum of 4 years of experience in Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
- Deep knowledge and expertise in data analysis
- Strong Experience in SQL performance tuning along with exposure to Agile development practices
The Skills You Bring:
Your strong analytical skills and problem solving ability provides the foundation for the role. A superb communicator you effortlessly build relationships at various levels in the business, presenting technology solutions with confidence and poise in varied situations.
- You have a real passion for logical data modeling and relational database design
- You are familiar with Data movement and ETL (Informatica would be a plus)
- A proficiency with a source control systems
- Your communications skills are excellent and you have a proven ability to work with project teams located in multiple geographic locations
- Creativity and your ability to think strategically are highly valued skills, that you take pride in
- A hands on work style: with a dynamic ‘can do’ attitude with a strong desire to make things happen
The Value You Deliver
- You will contribute to the delivery of high quality, timely, cost effective and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Your goal will be to align with and help to adopt good engineering practices such as test driven development, code and design reviews, oracle xplans, and CI/CD
- Work independently on delivering complex technical features• Communicate effectively in a team oriented environment
- Our team thrive on a spirit of collaboration and your role is central to information sharing and the creative thinking of the project team
- Collaborate with engineering colleagues working in the following technologies – middle tier (Java) and UI (client web interfaces)
How Your Work Impacts the Organization:
The position aligns to the Client’s Fund Investment Operation FFIO Technology organization which provides worldwide technology and support to the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. In this role, you will develop consistent, reliable, maintainable, performance focused Oracle code. You will thereby be contributing directly to the development of Client Asset Management’s program.The team environment consists of a global Data Engineering team of 400 plus associates consisting of database engineers, DBAs, modelers, data architects and data product owners working on complex, shared, enterprise data products.