Senior Java Software Engineer – Galway
Our client, an Investment Management Services Organisation, located in Galway is seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer – Java to work in their Equity Portfolio Management team. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years of design & development experience working with Java.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a project rearchitecting and deploying server side onto the AWS cloud platform.
The Expertise we are Looking For
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of design & development experience.
- Desired skillset Java, Springboot, AWS Cloud.
- Expertise with Continuous Integration practices and automated deployment tools.
- Test Automation (JUnit, Cucumber, Mockito).
- Experience of working with a distributed team.
- Experience with deploying applications to AWS.
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology desired.
- Experience working in financial services desired.
The Purpose of Your Role
The successful candidate will be a member of a team that is at the forefront of engineering in Asset Management Technology with a high level of focus on practices such as TDD, ATDD, Continuous Integration/Delivery and engineering excellence. We seek an engineer who is versatile, always eager to tackle new problems and continue to push technology forward. This position is intended for an individual contributor who has strong engagement skills, the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional Agile scrum team and ideally has knowledge of the investment management industry.
The Skills You Bring
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to your team.
- Collaborative in your approach, actively contributing to how work gets completed.
- Familiarity with database technologies is desired.
The Value You Deliver
- Deliver high quality, timely, cost effective and maintainable software solutions in an agile environment to meet functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Actively contribute to test automation code and practices.
- Actively contribute to engineering practices such as code and design reviews and the definition of source control strategy, environment strategy, and build and deployment pipeline.
- Work with product owner, technical lead and architect as required to influence technical enhancements to the platform.
- Develop a strong understanding of the business domain you are working on and actively contribute to technical discussions with business partners and other external parties.
- Contribute to software development as an individual contributor on a development track.
- Provide 3rd level production support, where and when necessary.
If you are interested in this opportunity or similar opportunities, please feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please note this is initially a 12-month contract **
**Excellent onsite benefits and competitive salary**