Senior Java Software Engineer – Dublin
Our client, an Investment Management Services Organisation, located in Dublin is seeking a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer – Java to join the Enterprise Cybersecurity (ECS) Data Security product line. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5+ years of software development experience, particularly Java.
The purpose of the role is to define, deliver and accelerate Database Activity Monitoring, Alerting, and Logging for critical and cloud-based systems, including Snowflake data warehouses through the creating Apigee enabled APIs.
We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced Senior Software Engineer who is interested in creating and enabling API’s to support and enable Digital transformation within the company.
The Skills You Bring
- Strong understanding of the enterprise software development process including analysis, design, coding, system and user testing, problem resolution and planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential as this role involves working with multiple teams across the enterprise with an ability to contribute to design and functional specification documentation.
- Ability to work closely with teammates to solve problems, transfer knowledge, and develop overall product architecture.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a commitment to the highest levels of quality and demonstrated accuracy and thoroughness.
- Familiarity with ITIL or other IT service management framework essential.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent technology discipline.
- 5+ years of software development experience, particularly Java.
- Experience with: REST API Development and API Security is desired
- Experience with cloud hosted applications and databases an advantage.
The Value You Deliver
- Working in a distributed team following procedures based on the ITIL Framework.
- Developing systems with Agile development methodologies and principles.
- Participating in planning, design, development, and implementation for multiple initiatives
- Playing a collaborative role in project/iteration planning sessions, ensuring proposed short-term estimates are achievable and realistic
- Developing technical system design and standards documents.
- Contributing to the implementation effort, splitting time between hands-on code delivery and development governance via design reviews, code metrics analysis and code reviews
- Contributing to process-improvement initiatives in an effort to maximize velocity for the project team
If you are interested in this opportunity or similar opportunities, please feel free to contact me via email at email@example.com
**Please note this is initially a 5-month contract **
**Excellent onsite benefits and competitive salary**