Senior Analyst – Fund Accountant
Job Title – Senior Analyst, Fund Accounting
Client – Investment Bank into Treasury and Investment Services
Location – Dublin 2
What is the opportunity?
The incumbent will hold a senior position within the Fund Accounting team with overarching responsibility for the quality of client service to our clients encompassing Accuracy, Timeliness and Responsiveness. The successful candidate will act as the primary client contact for Fund Accounting day to day client support, Oversight responsibilities and be actively involved in an extensive range of client initiated and efficiency projects within team. This is a pivotal role that delivers an experienced and agile Fund Accounting resource to the heart of a client centric team, providing our clients a confident and engaging contact point for service delivery.
What will you do?
- Ensure the Accuracy, Timeliness, Responsiveness and completeness of all Fund Accounting related Oversight and Client requests (day to day, TER, dividend previews)
- Accountable for ongoing satisfaction of our clients by ensuring deliverables meet client needs and expectations
- Ensure clear effective communication flow between the client and the Fund Accounting team (Local, Centre’s of Excellence/ Processing Hubs)
- Direct and main contact with Client for all queries related to Fund Accounting
- Support Client with new products, and share best practice leveraging experiences across comparable products
- Ensure that all client information is documented, archived and updated on a regular basis (prospectus, fee agreements etc.)
- Escalation point in case of audit issues
- Consultancy in regards to products, funds, new type of funds or structures
- Event Management (Merger, Liquidations, New Classes)
- Accountable as Fund Accounting Workstream leader/consultant for Migrations or any other Event Management activities
- Continuously identify opportunities to enhance our service and value proposition for our clients
- Participate in client service and sales opportunities
- Supports Sales & Marketing by providing operational expertise in Fund Accounting (e.g. for RFP’s, due diligence, deal review)
- Ensure Logbooks are up-to-date and are used effectively for all queries and monitored to ensure all queries are resolved in a timely manner.
- Follow company internal policy and procedures
- Strong Risk Awareness ethic – driving operational risk mitigation into our daily processes
- Ensure that information communicated to clients follows company internal policy and procedures.
- Participate as a senior member of the Fund Accounting team
- Deputise the Manager of the Fund Accounting team where required
- Participate as a member of Work stream in Migration Projects or other Change Events
- Stay current with external environment that governs and influences the business
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of external client FA projects.
- Promote a client centric culture across Fund Accounting team
- Promote the identification of a solutions-based approach to client needs.
What do you need to succeed?
The incumbent must be a confident, motivated, self-starter who excels working in collaboration with other teams, with a drive for getting things done in a timely manner. In addition, they must be comfortable in client-facing environments and with all levels within a client (executive, management and staff). A strong knowledge of business and detailed knowledge of our client segments and I&TS products and services, including trends, market/regulatory events, etc. Able to effectively communicate with, and gain the confidence of client. Able to engage our organisation to resolve items and make change happen.
- Post secondary education with an accounting/finance or business concentration or equivalent experience
- Previous financial services industry experience in an operations environment
- Interpersonal and networking skills with a proven track record of dealing with clients, industry associations, senior management, colleagues and staff
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Good innovation and change management orientation
- Strong business acumen and profit orientation
- Risk management and mitigation focus
- Proven organisational and time management skills
- Track record of developing and implementing innovation and change.
- Industry, accounting or other recognised accredited program would be an asset
- Client-facing experience
- Good presentation skills.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.