Our client has an exciting 11 month contract open for a Nurse/Medical/Allied Professional in the National Drug-Related Deaths Index (NDRDI)
The successful candidate will be required to review Coroner files and collate the data on the NDRDI database according to an agreed protocol, working with other members of the NDRDI team as directed. The successful candidate will also be required to assist with analysis of data and writing up of research reports.
A medical/nursing background or allied professional with suitable experience is a prerequisite for this work. Research experience as well as proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel and SPSS is required. Experience in Microsoft Access or online databases is desirable. Travel will be required within Ireland to visit Coroner’s offices around the country as directed by the organisation and allowances for travel will be given. Training will be provided prior to the beginning of data collection.
The core components of the contract will include:
- Successfully completing induction and training provided by the organisation in the type of cases that fulfill the remit of the NDRDI and use of the database.
- Working in co-operation with the existing NDRDI staff to collect the relevant data independently and/or in tandem with a member of the NDRDI staff.
- Travelling to Coroners’ offices around the country.
- Consulting the files in Coroners’ offices.
- Recording the relevant data onto the organisations database
- Assist in matching and cleaning of data as required
- Analysis of the data as required.
- Assist with producing research outputs e.g. annual bulletins, other reports or analysis as required The data collection will be managed on an on-going basis by the organisation.
Skills and availability It is expected that the candidate will be a medically trained individual such as a doctor, nurse, or allied professional with the following technical skills:
- Experience with SPSS and Excel
- Research experience: data analysis and report writing
- Previous experience of data entry. Familiarity with Microsoft Access or web-based/online databases is desirable
- Experience with ICD 10 and coding using ICD 10 is desirable
- A full clean driving license is required
If this exciting opportunity sounds like the role for you contact email@example.com