Fund Accounting Supervisor x 3
Title: Fund Accounting Supervisor
Responsibilities of the role:
- Have a thorough knowledge of fund valuations and have excellent supervisory and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the attention to detail and the level of accuracy needed in order to review valuations.
- Demonstrate the level of commitment and the time management skills necessary to achieve deadlines and should be interested in improving the valuation process and procedures.
- Operate in accordance with departmental procedures, thereby ensuring compliance with FIM, Global Pricing Policy and group policies on compliance / standards.
- Be client aware and contribute to a successful business implementation process and on boarding of new funds.
- Produce accurate complex fund valuations within set deadlines following documented procedures under the current operating model.
- Completion of liquidated funds in a timely manner.
- Provide on the job training to Graduate Fund Administrators.
- Administration of queries from other departments & external parties including Investment Advisor, Custodian/Prime Broker & Auditors , Financial Reporting.
- Maintain accurate control and oversight over all migrated processes to ensure timely and accurate NAV delivery
- Candidate must demonstrate commitment to personal development through the Career Path Programme
- Strong Accounting and Valuation experience including expertise in a range of fund types
- Proven track record of excellent client service and KPI delivery
- A graduate/post graduate qualification; preferably qualified / part qualified or intending on studying to be an accountant
- An understanding and awareness of Department initiatives, projects underway and new products in the pipeline
- Experience in documenting and delivery of quality MI
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound understanding of risk management, its impact on the NAV process and mitigating tools or techniques
- Team player and ability to work on own initiative
- Client awareness to understand and identify further opportunities to improve client service and increase efficiencies or generate cost savings