Financial Services – Audit Senior
Financial Services Audit Senior
The financial services industry is a fast-paced exciting place to work. This role provides strong candidates with the opportunity to become a key part of a rapidly growing area of the business and offers highly attractive career development and progression opportunities. There is a dedicated and highly motivated team in place that is seeking a like-minded individual to assist with our expanding portfolio of audit clients.
Our client is looking to recruit an FS Audit Senior. You will be self-motivated, capable of working on your own initiative and can plan, control and complete audit engagements for a diverse portfolio of financial services clients. You will have direct access to partners and the ability to provide a valued opinion within the team. Excellent opportunities exist for ambitious and driven candidates to progress within the firm.
Our client’s portfolio consists of hedge funds, SPVs and banks. They have grown a strong team over the past 2 years with 20 dedicated audit staff in our Kildare office – with wider support from over 300 other experienced professionals including partners in the Dublin, Galway and Cork offices.
- assist in maintaining and developing client relationships;
- design and implementation of audit plans;
- ensure completion of assignments within appropriate budget and timeframe;
- manage trainees while on assignment;
- responsible for development and mentoring of trainees;
- take responsibility for a large and varied portfolio of clients;
- manage the accounts preparation and audit for each client;
- providing timely and accurate information to clients on ongoing audit issues;
- identifying efficiencies within the audit process, and
- research in relation to recent accounting and financial reporting updates.
Skills and attributes:
- minimum 3 years’ experience required;
- qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or similar qualification);
- strong technical knowledge;
- experience in audit engagements;
- worked with a diverse portfolio of clients;
- capable of working on your own initiative;
- ambitious and want to pursue a career in practice, and
- strong interpersonal skills are essential.