Customs Clearance Specialist
Our client based in Laois is looking for a Trade Compliance Analyst & Customs Clearance Specialist to join their team, this initially will be a 4 month contract with the view to making it permanent.
The role has responsibility for all customs activities import & export relating to the Ireland business entity, which would relate to customer and vendor sites worldwide. The right person for this role will ensure compliance with customs requirements, be instrumental in establishing and fine-tuning processes for imports and exports, while also managing our customs brokers. This role will prepare the foundation for AOE status.
- Customs Audit
- Export screening
- Export invoice for manual shipment, and audit.
- Harmonised Tariff, ECCN.
- Problem resolution of customs issues.
- Management Reporting.
- Liaise with supplier site export teams to ensure timely resolution to any documentation issues identified prior to shipment.
- Origin Pref & Non-Pref.
- Compliance reporting for management.
- AEP of Import/Export customs clearance.
- 3/5 Year’s experience with trade compliance essential with operational experience on customs import/export activities.
- Educational requirements third level qualification advantage but not essential.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Good working knowledge of Logistics Business Operations, Provisional & Implementing Customs Legislation and of EU & US Export Legislation.
- Self-motivated person with ability to thrive within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
The client is looking for an immediate start so if this sounds like the role for you, get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 474 4523