Credit Bureau Specialist
We are currently recruiting for an amazing opportunity to work with one of our Global IT clients as a Credit Bureau Specialist, based in Dublin. The ideal candidate must have 2+ years of experience working with a Credit Bureau.
The Consumer Credit Risk Team is looking for a Risk Management Analyst – Credit Bureau Specialist to join their team in Ireland. The role will consist of the implementation of a governance and control framework around our interaction with UK Credit Rating Agencies (CRAs).
• Implementation of Governance and Control Framework for UK Credit Bureau Reporting.
• Build a robust Governance and Control Framework for the long term operation of UK Credit Bureau Reporting (including the writing of Policies, Standards, and SOP documentation).
• Strengthen current processes over ensuring the accuracy of CRA returns, by building a submission reconciliations process.
• Build a testing and monitoring programme for all CRA submissions. Work with Product in building controls at design level to automate this process where possible.
• Be cognisant of implementing a governance framework that can be easily adopted and implemented regionally and globally as programme expands.
• Incorporate Bureau Amendments into the submission reconciliation process, and the testing and monitoring framework as described above.
• Incorporate communications processes with Bureaus into the framework.
• Actively support the work of the team in relation to Credit Bureau related projects – including, Customer Remediations and Expansion.
Exercise of CRA Amendments
• Become the main POC for the CRA Amendment process – including analysing data populations, evaluating new status positions, preparing the amendment submission, interacting with the CRA Relationship Manager as required and obtain approval on costs.
Key Role in the Response and Management of queries from the Credit Bureaus
• Investigate and respond to queries in relation to data submissions received from CRAs.
• Act as main POC when submission format request are requested from the Bureau, and liaise with all parties involved.
• Have at least 2 years’ experience of working with CRA requirements.
• Have previous experience working in a credit or credit supporting function.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of UK CRA/ Credit Bureau Reporting requirements.
• Ideally have a background in control framework establishment/ implementation.
• Have analytical skills – you must be able to analyse data, identify trends and draw meaningful/accurate conclusions.
• Have the ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner, and partner with the business to understand their needs, and drive solutions specifically around issues.
**This is a six-month contract**
**Excellent onsite benefits and highly competitive pay**