Accounts Manager – Part-time(30 hours) /full-time
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide accurate & timely financial information and to ensure the integrity of controlling information for management to assess the financial performance of the organisation.
The role includes but is not limited to:
- Sole person in charge of accounting function, assisted by an administrative assistant who reports to the Finance Manager.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of Financial Analysis for Actual Data V Budgets.
- Analysis and evaluation financial data to ensure accuracy is maintained when controlling data is transmitted to the Board.
- Arrange and ensure VAT returns in a timely manner
- Ensure that data is delivered on time to the Board
- Compilation of monthly reporting pack to the Board
- Support the Board in the production of the Annual Report
- Preparation of year end accounts for audit, and assistance of auditors in carrying out the audit.
- Support the Management Team in the production of the annual budgets and forecasts
- Financial planning to assist with the strategic development of the organisation
- Treasury management skills – cash flow forecasting is vital in this role.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Ensure all accounts are filed and available for auditor at audit time.
- Arrange general ledger, debtors and creditor ledger entries.
- Lodge all “monies” received as appropriate.
- Supervise the administrative assistant who will be responsible for membership administration and database, banking and other related duties.
- At year-end, supervise the changeover in membership categories and renewals plus printing of membership certificates for “direct debit” and paid up members at start of year.
- Supervise extraction of membership reports from the membership database as required by the Chief Executive and IDA Officers. Prepare statistical reports on membership for IDA Treasurer etc.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND TREASURY MANAGEMENT
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Prepare financial analysis for actual data vs budgets.
- Provide analysis and evaluate financial data to ensure accuracy is maintained when controlling data is transmitted to the Board. Ensure that appropriate data is compiled and delivered on time to the Chief Executive and Honorary Treasurer.
- Ensure that data is delivered on time to the Audit and Finance Committee and to the Board. Compile monthly reporting pack to the Board.
- Attend quarterly meetings of the Audit and Finance Committee.
- Support the CEO and Board in the production of the Annual Report.
- Prepare year end accounts for audit and assist auditors in carrying out external audit.
- Support the Chief Executive in the production of annual budgets and forecasts and support the management team in the production of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Provide financial planning to assist with the strategic development of the Association.
- Assist with treasury management and cash flow forecasting.
- To provide administrative support to the Chief Executive or other designated officer along with other members of staff, including assisting with circulations, answering telephones, dealing with queries.
- To perform such other duties appropriate to the office as may be assigned to you from time to time by the Chief Executive or other designated officer
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- Accounting Technician, preferably 3 to 5 years Post qualified experience
- Strong knowledge of Balance Sheet & P&L structure
- Knowledge of Quickbooks & advanced Microsoft esp. Excel
- Package negotiable based on experience
Candidates will need to be accurate, comfortable with IT software and accounting systems and a team player.