Vice President Fund Services
Vice President Fund Services – Permanent role – Senior Appointment
Background to the business
The Fund Accounting team is responsible for overall production of the Net Asset valuation for both single manager and fund of hedge fund clients. The Fund Account team produces daily, weekly and monthly valuations for clients in adherence to Hedge Fund client service level agreements.
Overview of the role
The Fund Accounting team is responsible for overall production of the Net Asset valuation for both single manager and fund of hedge fund clients. The Fund Account team produces daily, weekly and monthly valuations for clients in adherence to Hedge fund client service level agreements. The team independently reconciles reviews and reports on trades, positions, cash and prices, controls general ledger postings and the final NAV review sign off process. The team maintains the client relationship and therefore frequent client contact is an important part of the groups remit
- Act as a senior manager within the team(s) with responsibility to ensure that all team members operate efficiently and adhere to internal procedures, ISAE-3402 requirements and Hedge fund best practice and policy.
- Ensure correct and efficient allocation of workload throughout the team. Understand and equip the team for future business challenges.
- Understand training and development needs of team members where relevant. Responsible for solving issues and incidents and monitoring delivery of solutions and overall service to client and the wider internal organisation.
- Promote and maintain our high quality client experience. Understand the needs of our clients, their requirement for accurate and timely reporting coupled with a proactive approach to client relationship management.
- Help foster and cultivate a change culture where we strive to provide the highest quality service. As a senior manager you will help drive new product enhancements, develop best practice and support the build out of capacity and scale within the organisation.
- Responsibility for delivery of net asset valuation to a portfolio of both single manager and fund of fund clients in accordance with SLA.
- Review final trial balance and all underlying portfolio information, accruals and expenses on funds to ensure that information on account is up to date and complete.
- Act as signatory for the approval of payments when required in accordance with approved authorisation levels.
- Liaise and work with the Investor Services team to ensure accurate recording of shareholder capital activity within Geneva ensuring full client sign off and NAV reporting of investor activity.
- Analyse and review movements in the NAV, whilst understanding effects of P&L, sidepockets and hedging on shares class NAVs and partner balances.
- Prepare, review and present Administrators reports for inclusion in Board meeting documentation in respect of appropriate funds.
- Recommend opportunities to enhance client focused service delivery where appropriate.
- Act as a point of reference / referral escalation point for colleagues, providing on the job training and coaching facilitation where required.
Our client empowers individuals to work openly and respectfully with each other and with clients. We ensure employees are stimulated in a way that enables them to realise their full potential, and our commitment to work-life balance supports them at every stage of their working life.
Qualifications & Experience
- Significant experience working in the alternative fund services industry with experience of managing large teams.
- Previous experience in mentoring, assessment, training and development is essential.
- Strong Product Knowledge, with proven experience as a senior point of contact for clients
- A third level qualification is desired, preferably in a business or accounting discipline.
- Full working knowledge of Single Manager and Fund of Fund NAV process through to review stage.
- Proficiency in use of Advent Geneva, Advent Partner and new Transfer Agency System would be an advantage.
- An awareness of the needs of clients and an ability to deliver an excellent client service.
- Self-starter and able to work effectively on your own initiative and in a team environment.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Attractive renumeration package on offer for right candidate – guide salary “only” €80k – 90k (happy to discuss)
For further details and a confidential discussion, contact Barbara Donnellan, Manager of Banking & Finance Division – 01 474 4512