ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Team Underwriting Manager the purpose of the role is to deliver exceptional customer service acting as part of the underwriting team, supporting approach to customer service.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The team is responsible for underwriting new and existing business in support business plan across our core business areas
- · Develop, negotiate and profitably underwrite new/existing business within own authority and in line with the strategy
- · Plan, prioritise and manage individual own work to deliver agreed objectives and meet SLA’s to deliver exceptional customer service.
- · Use the appropriate method of communication (telephone, face to face) to support first-time approach in order to maintain successful Internal and External Relationships.
- · Understand and operate within the regulatory framework and identify and escalate any risks to the business
- · Improve the quality of underwriting and risk selection in support of the delivery of financial objectives
- · Actively expand personal technical and niche knowledge both informally (networking internally and externally, internet, industry press) and formally (In-house training, CII, CPD)
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- · Leaving Certificate or equivalent
- · CIP (or commitment to achieve within the specified time period)
- At least 2 years’ experience in underwriting commercial property and liability across both new and existing business
- · Market, Industry, and Company knowledge
- · Strong verbal communication skills
- · A proven ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- · Ability to apply critical thinking as part of the underwriting process (will be tested)
- · Appropriate IT skills