Trainee Underwriter – Fluent German
Title: Trainee Underwriter
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Evaluate new applications, and alterations in cover on existing policies, within tight deadlines
- Make underwriting decisions within own autonomy and make initial underwriting recommendations for more senior underwriters’ approval and sign off.
- Promptly evaluate new enquiries so that all information required, e.g. medical evidence, financial or occupational data etc., can be requested at the earliest possible date and therefore avoid any unnecessary delays
- Communicate underwriting decisions to brokers, agents, broker consultants, sales managers and clients in an effective and professional manner
- Ideally a minimum of 1 year relevant work experience or have worked in an Insurance background.
- Fluency in German (written and verbal) and good knowledge of English essential.
- Previous initial underwriting experience and a sign off for applications achieved would be an advantage.
- Has demonstrated the ability to meet deadlines in the past
- Attention to detail and quality focus essential.
- Excellent computer skills, proficiency in the use of Microsoft office essential.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), prioritization and organisation skills
For more information contact Patrick on 01 474 4511