Trade Support Investment Operations
Trade Support – Global Middle Office – Investment Funds Group
The Global Middle Office (GMO) Division acts as a servicing center for Investment Managers globally, facilitating trade capture, confirmation and settlement of security and currency transactions with External Money Managers (EMM) brokers and custodian banks. In addition to the various external counterparts that the trade analysts deals with, there are also several internal groups that assist in the group’s daily responsibilities, including Compliance, Treasurer’s Office, Counterparty Risk, Legal, Fund Accounting, and other Custody groups.
This role is based in Dublin West.
Background to the Role
This position will be in the Money Manager Transaction Service Group where the candidate will be heavily involved in the team’s day to day activities in ensuring all trade instructions are captured and processed correctly into the primary accounting system, Invest One, and transmitted out to the custodian banks. The successful candidate will also help in implementing fundamental process changes within the area and play an active part in some of the project sub groups as and when needed.
The successful candidate will gain a detailed understanding of the company’s organizational structure, information flow and internal systems, as well as a strong knowledge pertaining to accounting, trading and settling of equity, fixed-income, derivative instruments, and foreign currency exchanges. They should be able to identify, analyze, and resolve complex issues or potential operational risk that may arise and effectively communicate with any party that may be involved. A strong attention to detail and accuracy is essential for success in this role.
Experience required :
- Strong data analytical skills.
- Knowledge of multiple trade asset classes covering equities, fixed income and derivatives.
- Exposure or a basic understanding of Fund Accounting or Pricing preferred.
- 1 – 2 years experience desirable
- Aptitude towards process innovation and transformation
- Excellent MS Excel skill set
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Attention to detail of paramount importance.
- Must be able to recognize high-risk items and escalate those items or seek assistance to minimize loss to either the shareholder and/or Fidelity.
- Must have the ability to communicate issues and concerns clearly and promptly.
- Knowledge of Invest One a distinct advantage, but not essential.