Do you want to work for a Global Market Leader? Are you a skilled individual on the hunt for a new challenge? We have an amazing opportunity available for the next step in your career.
We are currently seeking a Technical Writer to join our Global IT client as part of the Data Centre team.
As a Data Centre Technical Writer, your role involves tasks such as managing documentation projects and writing procedures, technical guides, policies, standards and training modules, etc. With a unique cross-functional perspective, technical writers play a big part at Google, tying together many vital but disparate parts of Google ecosystems.
– Conduct independent research and work with internal / external global teams to produce or revise documentation that follows the global standards and is easily understood by the intended audience.
– Work with management to organize existing documentation, identify deficiencies, and prioritize solutions. Obtain information by interviewing and collaborating with Google Data Center Engineering, Construction, and Operations teams.
– Scope and manage documentation projects to ensure that data center problems are identified and resolved quickly, that quality services are delivered, and that internal customer demands are met
– BA / BS degree (or equivalent practical experience)
– Extensive and Relevant Experience within the field
-Demonstrated experience of planning, researching, and writing documents as well as designing the structure of documentation sets
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
– Master’s degree in technical communications, linguistics, journalism, engineering, science, or similar field Ability to understand technology, demonstrated by having been employed as a technical writer, engineer, scientist, or similar
– Demonstrated history of successfully writing about engineering and technology in American English
– Experience with content management concepts and systems
– Understanding of operational needs in large-scale industrial settings; understanding of data center life cycle
– Experience in process improvement and facilitation
– Experience in management (of people, projects, or programs), preferably in a global setting Passionate attention to detail
– Experience with Apps (Docs, Sheets, Drawings, Calendar, Mail, Drive, etc.)
– Knowledge of other languages (e.g. Finnish or other Scandinavian languages, French, Spanish)
If this opportunity sounds like something you could be interested in, please do not hesitate to get in contact on email@example.com OR call 01 474 4504.