Tax Operations – Senior Administrator / Supervisor
What is the opportunity?
To lead and direct all operational needs of the incumbents reporting team of Irish Tax Operations. Taking a leadership role in the implementation of continuous quality, efficiency and risk mitigation programs. The role has a significant cross enterprise component. This role involves managing staff workload, ensuring it is distributed appropriately and deadlines are achievable, managing Operational risk, financial control, development of the teams’ operational capabilities and to optimize operational efficiency. With a high focus on providing value added services and ensuring our clients receive an exceptional client experience.
- Lead on a daily basis your team and provide assistance and cover as required to ensure that your team is effectively managed, supporting the broader department and global Shared Services teams.
- Continuous review of costs (key efficiency indicators) ensuring optimal use of financial/people resources. Managing volume changes and changes in products and services.
- Ensure quality of service delivered by our tax operations team is in line with service level agreements in place while ensuring superior quality, timeliness and cost effectiveness of information delivery to internal and external clients. Measured by key quality indicators, benchmarked to market and presented at Q+.
- Provide procedural and technical support to employees ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of all tasks, while mitigating risk
- Ensure that your teams work is processed accurately, on time and in line with agreed procedures and /or mandate with a ‘Get It Right First Time’ attitude. With continued focus on Risk and Audit point prevention and assisting in the reduction of ORE’s.
- Ensure operational risk events (ORE’s) are kept to an absolute minimum and where occurring are not repetitive in nature. Ensure no ORE’s occur due to employee not correctly following process and procedure. Review and monitor any staff errors/oversights and recommend solutions/controls to eliminate/reduce ORE’s.
- Maintenance of satisfactory internal and external Audit / Regulatory / Risk Ratings and Reviews.
- Ensure the team respond to, or acknowledge all inquiries within 24 hours of receipt.
- Ensure the team perform annual reviews of existing policies and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure they are up to date and accurately reflect our current processes and any changes in market practice.
- Develop, propose and assist in implementing strategies to continually improve processes within the group.
- Maximizes the productivity of the Department through staff training and development activities: effective scheduling of personnel during high volume periods
- University Degree or equivalent work experience
- IOC – Investment Operations Certificate (Formally IAQ) or industry equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in motivating resources to create high-performing teams
- Demonstrated supervisory experience in the same or similar function.
- Demonstrated high level of experience of working within the Securities Industry
- Demonstrated high level of experience of working within the Corporate Actions, Income and Tax area
- Strong organizational, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential to operating as a leading member of a team that delivers world-class services
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables. Taking a leadership role in moving initiatives forward and removing obstacles
- Excellent understanding of Tax principals
- Excellent judgement at evaluating risk
- Excellent experience in problem-solving and decision-making activity
- Demonstrable experience in effectively dealing with customer service issues
- Demonstrable experience of the operations environment
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
If this opportunity excites you and if you think you have the relevant experience you may email across your CV on email@example.com or call me at 01 4744527.