Support Engineer – O365, VMWare
Their solutions and services empower IT functions to transform and innovate so they can meet the demands and aspirations of the business. They Design, implement manage and supporting dynamic virtualised infrastructure as a service, this also includes BaaS and DRaaS.
This role is part of their dedicated Service Desk and Support team and are looking for a keen, experienced Systems Engineer to provide support on customers’ ICT infrastructure. You’ll need to have a broad technical background with good communication skills, an eagerness to learn and previous experience in a similar role.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Providing Level 2 Support to a broad range of clients and a broad range of technologies.
- Accepting escalations from L1 engineers.
- Acting as a team lead to lower level engineers providing tuition and advice.
- Working with the team and management to develop processes and solutions.
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of staff at client sites.
- Quickly build rapport and gain client confidence.
- Work individually and as a part of a team.
- Be able to follow company procedures and methods.
- Available to work out of hours / weekends if necessary.
- Logical thinker.
- Have a proven track record in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- Be able to utilise all tools available to resolve 95% of issues at the first time of asking.
- Ability to quickly learn new products.
Education & Experience
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012
- Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010/2013
- Terminal Services / SSL VPN
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- SQL Server 2000 / 2005 /2008 / 2012 / 2014 Experience Helpful
- Firewall/Routers. (Cisco / SonicWALL / Sophos UTM)
- Switches Cisco HP 3 Com
- WAN configurations – Site to Site VPNs Routing / NAT configurations
- Strong IP/Networking skills (Good understanding of TCP /IP and ISO Model, troubleshooting tools)
- Good understanding of Server and Storage hardware (i.e. RAID sets on servers, SAN, tape drives).
- MCSA / MCSE 2008/2012 / VCP in VMware 5 or 6 essential.
- Citrix and Virtualisation (VMWare or MS Hyper-V) essential.
- SAN experience (preferably Netapp)
This is an opportunity to join the success story of a dynamic and expanding international MSP.