Hours: Monday – Friday 9 – 5.30pm, on call for one week P/M
On-call shift: Every 4 weeks (Additional pay)
The role involves:
- Recording inbound support issues in an incident management system.
- Managing the incident through incident lifecycle.
- Investigation of issues raised, providing a fix or workaround if possible.
- Determining prioritisation of incidents, involving senior resource where applicable.
- Recreate any potential development bug in the test environment.
- Creating development investigation cases for potential bugs, providing all relevant information to allow the development team to investigate and fix the issue.
- Part the testing team for the testing of new developments and change controls.
- The role will involve managing the deployed software versions on the customer sites.
- Co-ordinating the deployment of new software version with the customer.
- The support services are provided through email and phone services and are principally office based.
- In order to fulfil the role the candidate will be using relational database technology on a daily basis.
- Access to live sites are provided to through various different remote control technologies.
- SQL Development experience is a must!!
- Working knowledge of Windows environments including servers, using Server 2008, Server 2008R2, Server 2012, Windows 10.
- Must have experience working with a relational database. Ideally Sybase, however any of the recognised industry standard RDBMS technology, such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL.
- Must have a strong understanding of Structure Query Language SQL and have practical experience of using SQL
- Be competent in the use of XML
- Be fully proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows the suite of Microsoft Office tools
- Must have an IT industry qualification.
Preffered experience but not essential:
- 3 years experience supporting application software.
More roles in
in Information Technology