Settlements Officer -Start-Up Opportunity
Title: Settlements officer
Responsibilities of the Role:
- Overall management of Client collection accounts.
- Monitoring and reporting of available funds for invoice purchase.
- Perform transaction calculations for management approval.
- Control payment, settlement and assignment instructions.
- Allocate funds received to open invoices.
- Liaise with banking partners on adhoc basis for “day-to-day” queries.
- Management and Reconciliation of collection accounts.
- Monitor invoice due dates for payment reminders as well as overdues to conduct soft collections where necessary.
- Monitor and report on credit insurance limits exposures.
- Regular transaction and delinquency reporting to senior management.
Degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Accountancy, Financial Services, Business Studies)
Skills & Abilities
- Preferred experience in a financial services, trade finance or payment processing environment
- Previous experience working in a similar professional services environment;
- Well-developed analytical and numerical skills;
- Solid working knowledge of standard software packages, including Microsoft Office with Advanced Excel skills;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills with a strong customer focus;
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work with deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative and effective working relationships that promote cooperative goal achievement, and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, analyze and resolve problems in a collaborative and/or independent manner, and recommend innovative solutions
- Demonstrate an acute attention to detail; Highly structured and loyal.
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement process improvements.
For more information contact Patrick on 01 474 4511