Senior Tax Manager
Our client, a multinational financial services provider are looking for a Senior Tax Manager to join their team!
What is the opportunity?
The purpose of the role is:
To lead and direct all operational needs of the incumbents reporting departments of Tax Operations Luxembourg and France. Taking a leadership role in the implementation of continuous quality, efficiency and risk mitigation programs. The role has a significant cross enterprise component, working with all members of the Entitlements and Tax management Team and Shared Services management team. This role requires effective staff management and continuous development of the most efficient and effective organizational structure and model for the group. Managing Operational risk, financial control, development of the teams’ operational capabilities and to optimize operational efficiency. With a high focus on providing value-added services and ensuring our clients receive an exceptional client experience.
What will you do?
- Lead on a daily basis your team and provide assistance and cover as required to ensure that your team is effectively managed, supporting the broader department and global Shared Services teams. Ensure that your teams work is processed accurately, on time and in line with agreed procedures and /or mandate with a ‘Get It Right First Time’ attitude. With a continued focus on Risk and Audit point prevention and assisting in the reduction of ORE’s.
- Continuous review of costs (key efficiency indicators) ensuring optimal use of financial/people resources. Managing volume changes and changes in products and services.
- Ensure operational risk events (ORE’s) are kept to an absolute minimum and where occurring are not repetitive in nature. Ensure no ORE’s occur due to the employee not correctly following process and procedure. Review and monitor any staff errors/oversights and recommend solutions/controls to eliminate/reduce ORE’s.
- Maintenance of satisfactory internal and external Audit / Regulatory / Risk Ratings and Reviews.
- Ensure the team respond to, or acknowledge all inquiries within 24 hours of receipt. Ensure the team perform reviews every 18 months of existing policies and procedures on an ongoing basis to ensure they are up to date and accurately reflect our current processes and any changes in market practice.
- Develop, propose and assist in implementing strategies to continually improve processes within the group. Maximizes the productivity of the Department through staff training and development activities: timely performance reviews, effective scheduling of personnel during high volume periods, planning for vacations, absenteeism, staff turnover and through the application of Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Effectively manage the relationships between the team and key internal departments to balance service, risk efficiency, and staff wellbeing. Take a lead role in projects identified by senior management.
- Provide support to initiatives that affect the key deliverables of the Entitlements & Tax group. Ensure that best practice is shared across all regional operating units undertaking similar processes.
What do you need to succeed?
- University Degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated experience of working in a senior management capacity including demonstrated experience of working in a managerial capacity within a Tax team
- Demonstrated high level of experience of working within the Tax area. Excellent understanding of withholding tax principals, DTT and ECJ reclaim processes
- Excellent understanding of US QI Primary responsibility
- Excellent understanding of mainstream and real estate funds industry
- Excellent judgment at evaluating risk
- Knowledge/experience of the company Custody Systems
- Experience/exposure to Accounting / Fund Accounting
- Demonstrable experience of new process implementation or project work
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving the success that is mutual