Senior Software/Automation Engineer
Position: Senior Software/Automation Engineer
Due to unprecedented growth, my client, a Global Financial Services Company is seeking a Senior Java Developer to join their team in Galway on a 6-month Contract to work on a delivery team designing, developing & implementing features for the Trading and Post Trade Team. The successful candidate will work closely with business and technology partners across Ireland and the US.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Play multiple roles in a scrum team including test automation, development and analysis
- Elaborate, develop and test features and stories based on analysis of complex business requirements
- Collaborate with global quality team and quality champions locally to ensure best practices in test automation are consistently followed
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of Software Quality Assurance, Test Automation or relevant experience
- Ability to understand and develop application code in Java
- Expertise with Continuous Integration practices and automated deployment tools such as Maven, Git/Stash, Jenkins, Nexus, uDeploy, etc. desirable.
- Expertise in Test Automation tools (e.g. JUnit, Cucumber, Fitnesse)
- Experience in developing and testing multi-tier web applications in Java/JEE and open source frameworks
- Good understanding of database concepts and SQL
- An understanding of best practice Agile development methodology
- Experience working with teams located in multiple geographic locations
- Experience working in Financial services desired
If you would like to join a company that is committed to being an industry leader by investing in technology and champions a positive and dynamic working environment, then this is the role for you.
Please call me on 01 4744523 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss in confidence.