Senior Product Manager, Private Equity
Due to continued growth my client are looking to recruit a Senior Product Manager, for there growing private equity business.
Working closely with global product colleagues and sales and reporting to the Global Head of Fund Administration Product, the role holder will support the growth of the business in the Private Equity space as an expert in fund services industry solutions for Private Equity mandates.
Role and Responsibilities:
The role holder will have primary responsibility for representing product capability to clients, prospects and internal stakeholders. He/She will also have primary responsibility for the development of the product offering for Private Equity over time including the investment roadmap. The successful applicant will be a key member of the global Fund Services Product Management team and will represent that team in Luxembourg.
- Drive product and proposition development, sales, retention, service, communication and product management across the business function.
- Develop and championing existing products, ensuring that they are competitive and meet the needs of the clients
- Initiate and planning the development of new products as well as implementation and delivery
- Actively participate in the entire sales lifecycle as the product specialist.
- Attend client workshops and sales pitches, owning the product contribution.
- Respond to requests for proposal and co-ordinate content with other product managers.
- Understand product ratecards and cost drivers.
- Articulate the product proposition for Fund Services and associated products to clients and prospects.
- Capture product requirements for new business opportunities.
- Understand and sell standard operating model to prospects as far as possible.
- Develop sales collateral and thought leadership materials.
- Identify market trends and requirements for Private Equity and lead the development of product development roadmaps.
- Establish and maintain relationships with relevant industry bodies, consultants, and key influencers in the industry. Speak at public trade forums and conferences and build the market profile in the Private Equity space.
- Stay abreast of market developments and regulatory change in the Private Equity space and the impact on key client types.
- Create and maintain competitor analysis. Identify differentiators and gaps for growth.
- Represent Fund Services Product in local governance forums, including new business acceptance.
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree Accounting & Finance or professional accounting qualification ACCA, CIMA etc.
- 12+ years of professional experience in the financial services industry working directly on alternative products and specifically private equity funds and closed ended funds.
- Extensive experience of the end-to-end servicing model for Private Equity including fund administration and accounting, investor services and depositary services.
- Client–facing experience and technical sales capability: ability to clearly understand client requirements, define operating models and propose solutions, utilising standard product offering and capabilities as far as possible.
- In depth knowledge of Private Equity industry, including an understanding of the trends shaping the industry direction and an understanding of key requirements for asset servicers from Private Asset Managers/Asset Owners.
- Knowledge of the dominant investment structures globally for the Private Equity space including knowledge of key regulatory and tax considerations and the practicalities regarding fund set-up in the key jurisdictions. Includes an in depth understanding of AIFMD.
- Entrepeneurial, flexible mindset, driving for results combined with ability to operate effectively in a complex global bank.
- Experience in defining and executing product strategy.
- Networking and public speaking skills.
- Strong financial discipline and understanding of commercial drivers.
- Experience of developing and refining rate cards, understanding cost base and financial modelling.
- Willingness to step outside boundaries, perform analysis, develop knowledge and skillset.
- Fluency in spoken and written English. Any additional European language is an advantage.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate looking for career development.
To apply in confidence please send a CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly on 01 4744512