Senior Operational Risk Manager
Due to continued growth my client wish to recruit a high performing Senior Operational Risk Manager to be an
integral part of an effective 3 lines of defense operational risk management model.
The role encompasses senior management, cross-jurisdictional and transversal product exposure and seeks to improve the awareness for and understanding of operational risks that reside within day-to-day business processes.
The scope of the role is not limited to Client Operations, but also covers business activities residing in Treasury & Market Services, Banks, Brokers & Exchanges as well as in Global Client Coverage including Product.
What will you do?
- Review Operational Risk Events to understand root causes, process deficiencies and control.
- Escalate Operational Risk Events / Identified Control Gaps and Issues on a timely basis to Operational Control Management and Management of Business.
- Conduct deep-dive analyses on root cause and control gaps for internal events, if required by management.
- Follow up on identified issues and actions on a regular basis as required by the Operational Control Practices and escalate any non-compliance / delays identified.
- Review and challenge the Risk Control Self-Assessments completed by the process owners.
- Using a risk/control-based approach, support the Business-level, Country-level and Enterprise-level Operational Risk and Control Self-Assessments Program to ensure standardisation and consistency of practices in the end-to-end process.
- Perform thematic reviews and transversal analysis on specific processes.
- Support the definition of an Operational Risk Profiles.
- Execute control-related Enterprise initiatives as assigned.
- Promote a strong risk culture within the client.
- Provide feedback on proposed or current Operational Control Practices / Risk Management Framework to the Operational Control Reporting & with the Operational Control Practice and Analysis teams.
- Communicate with management and senior management of the business areas
- Train and develop Operational Control employees across other locations.
- Additional local specific tasks as required by the manager or Business area
- Occasionally as directed by the manager, you will work on tasks related to other global locations as required by Business Management or Operational Control Management.
- On request, you will be assigned with the lead of policy or projects roll out. Coordinating globally for Operational Control and reporting progress, challenges and achievements to the management.
What do you need to succeed?
- 8-10 years relevant industry working experience
- At least 2-4 years relevant risk and control management working experience
- Relevant university degree
- General knowledge of factors affecting business and trends in the marketplace/ technology
- Preferably 4-6 years relevant risk management working experience
- Professional Qualification (e.g. CA, CFA or MBA) Lean Six Sigma-type qualification
- Fluent French and German is an advantage
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate looking for career development.
To apply in confidence please send a CV in word format to email@example.com or call directly on 01 4744512