Senior Fund Accountant – Supervisior
Title: Senior Fund Accountant – Supervisor
Responsibilities of the role:
- Review of fund NAVs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Review of fund transactions, eg. Security trading, investor activity, etc.
- Ensuring all income accruals and corporate actions are accounted for and validated
- Review of all foreign exchange contracts
- Review of price movements, including stale / static pricing
- Adherence to client agreed NAV delivery deadlines
- Approval and sending of fund invoices / cash instructions.
- NAV impact analysis and justification
- Monitoring all cash and security reconciliation items on a daily basis.
- Act as supervisor for 1-2 Fund Accountants on the team, review work, assist with queries & problems as arise.
- Ensuring all agreed reporting is completed & sent to the client.
- Attendance and participation in team / departmental meetings.
- Assist with the completion of month end processes for delivery to clients.
- Ensure that client Service Level Agreements are applied across all funds with deliverables met on a timely basis.
- Ensure any information required by the Auditors or Trustees is available within the timeframe agreed with your Team Leader.
- Assist and train other team members with queries / questions as they arise. Inform the Team Leader where necessary of any issues.
- Thorough knowledge of hedge fund security types, including CFD, CDS, IRS, MBS/ABS, Swaptions, Fixed Income, Exchange Traded Instruments, Forwards etc., and their accounting treatment.
- Assist with the further development of the fund accounting process and systems to meet future market and client developments.
- A minimum of 2-3 years Fund Accounting experience incorporating the above key responsibilities.
- A minimum of 1 year NAV review experience
- A thorough knowledge of Hedge Fund accounting, including interaction with Prime Brokers and Middle Office.
- A thorough knowledge of performance fee methodologies (Equalisation, Series, etc),
- Knowledge of the completion of month end processes for delivery to clients.
- Thorough knowledge of share class hedging.
- Knowledge of data vendors such as Bloomberg, IDC, etc.
- Knowledge of accounting systems Multifonds an advantage.
- An awareness of the needs of clients and an ability to deliver an excellent client service.
- Multi-manager, Multi-currency, Pooling, Fund of Hedge Fund and Structured product experience desirable.
For more information regarding this role contact Patrick on 01 474 4511