Senior Fund Accountant
Job Title : Senior Fund Accountant
Our Client based in Dublin and has been in Ireland since 1973 with a total workforce of over 580 employees. They are an international banking group who offer varied activities and are at the forefront of Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services.
Summary of the Role :
The Senior Fund Accountant (SFA) role is responsible for the validation and release of hedge fund Net Asset Valuations. The SFA checks the work of Fund Accountants and provides final release to the market or investment manager. The SFA is responsible for ensuring that all checks and controls have been performed on a valuation. The SFA is often the first point of contact for clients regarding valuations.
Key Responsibilities :
- Review of fund NAVs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Review of fund transactions, eg. Security trading, investor activity, etc.
- Ensuring all income accruals and corporate actions are accounted for and validated
- Review of all foreign exchange contracts
- Review of price movements, including stale / static pricing
- Adherence to client agreed NAV delivery deadlines
- Approval and sending of fund invoices / cash instructions.
- NAV impact analysis and justification
- Monitoring all cash and security reconciliation items on a daily basis.
- Ensuring all agreed reporting is completed & sent to the client.
- Attendance and participation in team / departmental meetings.
- Assist with the completion of month end processes for delivery to clients.
- Ensure that client Service Level Agreements are applied across all funds with deliverables met on a timely basis.
- Ensure any information required by the Auditors or Trustees is available within the timeframe agreed with your Team Leader.
- Assist and train other team members with queries / questions as they arise. Inform the Team Leader where necessary of any issues.
- Assist with the further development of the fund accounting process and systems to meet future market and client developments.
Knoweldge / Experience :
- A minimum of 2-3 years Fund Accounting experience incorporating the above key responsibilities.
- A minimum of 1 year NAV review experience
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- A thorough knowledge of Hedge Fund accounting, including interaction with Prime Brokers and Middle Office
- Knowledge of the completion of month end processes for delivery to clients.
- Thorough knowledge of share class hedging.
- Knowledge of data vendors such as Bloomberg, IDC, etc.
- Knowledge of accounting systems Multifonds an advantage.
- An awareness of the needs of clients and an ability to deliver an excellent client service.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- A third level qualification preferably in a business or accounting related discipline.
- Good time management and interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated.
- Highly computer literate.
- Strong numerical / analytical skills.