Sales Director – Funds Industry
Sales Director – International & Europe – Funds Industry
Our client is a globally player who are highly regarded in the funds industry both locally in Ireland and internationally. The ideally candidate will be someone who is coming from the funds industry, has indepth expertise in the administration of funds under management. Also the ideal candidate must have a proved background in winning and developing new business opportunties.
Summary of the role :
- Build out a sales strategy that is geared towards building a pipeline of business from new client acquisition for key markets in US, UK, Ireland and other relevant European and Asian countries.
- The role will collaborate closely with the sales team in Lux, UK and Germany to extract greater synergiesfrom the collective offering in Europe.
- The role will be the link between Asia and Europe as it relates to Asset Managers and Banks setting up presence in Europe (predominantly Luxembourg although opportunities will present for Ireland).
- The role will work across sectors to identify and close new sales opportunities that fit with the full range of product offerings in Europe.
- The role will collaborate with the broader sales team to identify offshore product sales capabilities as they relate to the client planning process.
- The role is to ensure the organisation is primed to take advantage of market opportunities through building a network of market intelligence with key external stakeholders, particularly in Ireland
- To develop high impact business plans, whilst shaping strategy and ensuring the organisation can respond both technically and strategically to a number of diverse market and product sectors experiencing considerable change.
- Develop and grow new markets, where appropriate (for example, exploring UCITS growth in Scandinavia)
- To facilitate greater awareness and knowledge across the region with respect to the product set, fund structures and domicile nuances in our offshore locations.
- Ensure pipeline of business will generate revenue stream that reconciles to budgeted targets.
- Proactively manage sales plans versus annual operating plan requirements.
- Maintain and enhance the reputation of the group in the market place through external relationships.
- Develop sales presentation material and streamline the operational process of sales pitches.
Experience required :
- A business degree or other qualifications relavent to the investment industry
- A minimum of 10 years funds industry specific experience is essential 3 of which must be at senior level in a client facing function
- Proven track record in the offshore sales arena
- Deep knowledge of the US, UK and other major financial markets landscape
- A reasonably well known industry participant that will exude gravitas in the role
- Deep product knowledge of traditional vehicles and strategies combined with an intimate understanding of market developments.
- Excellent written and spoken skills, combined with the ability to present to both senior and large audiences.
- Ability to create and implement sales plans.
- A proven closer with the desire to develop and harvest new markets, and a strong record of success.
- Abaility to cope with multiple priorities and coordinate the efforts of others in order to bring a process to closure.
- Excellent relationship management with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and to tight deadlines.
- Understanding of varied product solutions required within the client base.
- Understanding of product and market risks.
- Sound understanding of risk management and mitigation techniques.
- Team player, excellent communicator and ability to work on own initiative.
Excellent renumeration and benefits on offer for this role.
For confidential discussion, please contact Barbara Donnellan at 01 474 4512.