Contract: 10 months
Dublin City Centre
An agency worker is sought at the level of Research Analyst. The core work will be to assist staff with tasks associated with data validation, cleaning and reporting as well as work to assist with the implementation of the new ICT platform. Great opportunity for a data driven, Masters qulaified candidate who wants to work in a research environment
- Contacting service providers and other stakeholders to identify new data providers
- Maintaining regular communication with data providers
- Updating a database of data providers and other stakeholders
- Providing training in data collection for participating data providers
- Co-ordinating the distribution of training and other documentation.
- Code, enter, and validate data
- Coding as required
- Querying and cleaning data
- Entering or supervising the entry of data as required (on or off site)
- Training in-house data-entry personnel as required
- Performing logical checks on electronic data
- Validating and checking data as required
- Assisting with matching of data as required
- Visiting data providers periodically to ensure complete coverage and to deal with common errors in data entry and extraction
- Providing statistical outputs and responses to data requests from stakeholders and data providers
- Presenting papers at meetings or conferences as appropriate
- Writing regular contributions for relevant in-house or external periodicals
- Contributing to the enhancement/redevelopment of the information systems as appropriate.
Education and experience
The person appointed to this post will require a Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline. Experience in using Statistical Package is required as is experience of writing and preparing documents for publication. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is desirable and familiarity with database packages is an advantage.
The key competencies required for the post include:
- Excellent planning and organizing skills;
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both oral and written) skills;
- A high degree of motivation and professional integrity;
- Strong ability to work well in a team;
- Commitment and professionalism with a strong, positive attitude and focus on providing efficient client service;
- Excellent IT skills.