On behalf of our client, we have a requirement for an experienced Staff Nurse to join a prestigious Hospital in Co. Dublin. The successful candidate will work as part of the multidisciplinary team, establishing and maintaining good working relationships aimed at delivering a high standard of care to patients within their Hospital. You will report to the Clinical Nurse Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assess patient care needs and plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care which meet the patient’s physical and emotional needs.
- Respects the dignity and confidentiality of patients, serving as an advocate as necessary.
- To actively participate in the Safe Surgery Check procedure (adapted from the WHO recommendations on safe surgery saves lives) in line with local & national policy.
- Collaborates with other health team members in planning care.
- Knows and practices according to established legal requirements, policy and procedures.
- Establishes care priorities based on nursing/medical patient problems.
- Performs procedures accurately, completely and safely.
- Provides care with minimal supervision in a timely manner.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients.
- Functions quickly and effectively in an emergency situation.
- Adapts to changing workload.
- Deals with near misses, incidents and accidents in accordance with hospital policy. Accurately record and report details and participate in putting measures in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- To ensure all hazardous substances are handled in accordance with hospital policy.
- Be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland (NMBI)
- Have the ability to work well individually as well as part of a team, being able to support your colleagues in providing the highest standards of care.
- Excellent communication skills with fluent English
For further details, please contact the Nurse Bank Team on 01-699 1555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Nurse Bank is a leading nursing and healthcare recruitment firm and is a division of AGC Healthcare. Nurse Bank works in partnership with Ireland’s top healthcare organisations and assist both Irish based and international nurses seeking access the best available career and training opportunities in Ireland. Our clients are spread across the island of Ireland – we are confident that we can match your requirements around a new post or locum work to a location and organisation that meets all of your criteria.
We also offer a comprehensive package of relocation supports if required and have a rewarding Referral Scheme to demonstrate our appreciation to nurses that both find employment with us or refer a colleague to us.