Regional Transport Manager
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to work for a Global Market Leader? We have an exciting opportunity available for the next step in your career!
We are currently seeking a Regional Transport Manager to join our Global IT client in Dublin 4.
This position will oversee all transportation freight management activities centralised into and out of Amsterdam hub for all modes (Air, Ocean, Courier and Trucking) for Technical Infrastructure/Cloud.
- Ability to contribute individually and manage indirect small teams for providing freight management support to internal customers
- Defining and improving key operational workflows and SOPs for inbound and outbound shipments into, out of and between Amsterdam warehousing hubs and manufacturing facilities
- Manage tactical operations and weekly reviews with service vendor partners using key performance indicators and present findings and opportunities to management.
- Provide appropriate solutions to internal customers for on-time, safe and secure delivery, meeting and exceeding internal standards
- Work with cross-functional teams (compliance, warehousing, manufacturing, service providers and information systems) both internally and outside of Global transportation to plan, lead or contribute to high impact projects that result in streamlining processes and generate efficiencies by identifying and reducing waste in the existing and newly-designed processes.
- Work with teams to gather and analyze data present findings to management.
- Analyze operational data and manage root cause identification and correction processes with the vendor partners
- Support transportation procurement processes as they relate to inbound and outbound workflows in the Amsterdam hub region
- Some travel involved within Europe (20% of the time)
You should have…
- Relevant experience in transportation management ideally with direct working knowledge of air freight, trucking and LTL/Parcel operation
- Relevant experience in vendor management and operations improvement.
- Project management, Problem solving and prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of import/export/transcon processes, documentation etc
- Resilience to perform in an ever changing, demanding environment.
- Excellent communication skills and be a team player.
*Pleast note: This is a contract position*
If this opportunity sounds like something you could be interested in, please do not hesitate to get in contact on email@example.com OR call 01 474 4504.