Central Lab Quality Control Manager
Location: Mitchelstown, Cork
Salary: 55-70k DOE
The purpose of this role, in a major Irish company based in Mitchelstown, Cork, is to manager the Central Lab Quality Control to provide consistency and excellence in material testing, safely producing test results with the highest intergrity, that are accurate and timely, in a cost-efficient manner, bith for external and internal customers.
- Planning: Responsible for the efficient implementation of approved sampling plans for the process (including raw material, in-process and finished goods) to agreed turnaround times.
- People: Recruit, manage, train and develop the QC teams ensuring they operate in a safe manner and to documented SOPs.
- Cost: Overall ownership and responsibility of the development & delivery of the Lab finances within budget.
- Purchasing: Responsible for procurement of Lab equipment, consumables and services.
- Day to day responsibility for the laboratory activity and equipment maintenance.
- Quality: Development & maintenance of the lab QMS and accreditation standards.
- Metrics: Reporting of accurate, trusted results underpinned by QC controls, SPC and proficiency performance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage large teams
- Demonstrated customer focus
- Demonstrated QC technical competence and experience with laboratory equipment
- The capacity to effectively analyse issues and solve problems
- Results-orientated and data driven
- Attention to detail
- 3+ years experience in QC Management in Dairy, Foof, Pharma or equivalent sector
- Third Level qualification in relevant discipline