Project Accounts Assistant
Title: Project Accounts Assistant
Our client is seeking the services of a part-qualified Accountant for a period of 10 weeks to assist with the financial review of the annual progress reports.
- To ensure the report has been prepared for the correct reporting period and is mathematically correct.
- Enuring it includes the correct institutional grant reference numbers and principal investigator details start and end dates of the grant as shown on the report are in agreement with contract/legal documentation
- The pro rata cumulative budget shown on the report has been calculated on a year by year basis as agreed in the grant contract or as subsequently approved in a Letter of Contract Variation and that the cumulative budget shown takes account of Social Benefit Payments made to date on the award
- The cumulative amount of funding shown on the report as paid by the client is correct and by the cut-off date for the current reporting period is in agreement with our clients records and that the analysis of funding paid over between expense categories is in agreement with the award contract (as amended by a letter of variation).
- Variances are correctly calculated and do not exceed permitted limits. Adequate and reasonable explanations are provided.
- Funding contributions received from other sources match amounts specified in the grant contract (or as subsequently approved in a contract Letter of Contract Variation)
- Research staff salaries charged to the award are in accordance with the rates/levels approved by the client. The period for which each individual member of research staff is charged to the grant in in accordance with the contract (as amended)
- Expenditure on equipment is in accordance with the contract (as amended) and the rules of the specific award scheme
Update the annual report log to record all queries/matters of concern.
Review responses on financial queries received from Host Institutions’ for reasonableness and comment on the significance of the responses receivedAttend and actively participate in weekly/fortnightly meetings where queries/matters of concern are discussed with the Post Award Team.
- An ability to quickly assimilate detailed regulations governing the management of research and the workings of different award schemes
- Experience of analytical review
- An understanding of the concept of materiality
- Excellent IT skills including ability to learn knew IT systems quickly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to document all queries/matters of concern in a manner that is easily understood by non-financially qualified personnel
- Ability to work to deadlines and as part of a team
For more information please contact Patrick Leamy on 01 474 4511