Professional Services Consultant
They design, implement, manage and support dynamic virtualised infrastructure as a service and are looking to recruit a Professional Services consultant to lead the design and implementation of a range of the of their IT Infrastructure Solutions across their Managed Services and Cloud customers.
Role and Responsibilities
Professional Services implementation
- To ensure successful implementation of a range of projects and technologies.
- Ensure the implementation is delivered through adherence to pre-agreed plans and milestones
- Defines, communicates and enforces technology standards.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Continually works to increase customer satisfaction
- Maintains lasting client relationships.
- Ensures that we consistently deliver superior technical solutions to clients.
- Provide support and advice on specific technology used within Client projects
- Works closely with the sales department to match technical capabilities to client requirements.
- To ensure best practice is put in place with regard to documentation and procedures of IT solutions delivered and these are updated and traceability evident.
- Ensures adequate standards of governance and change-control within projects to ensure zero-impact on clients’ business continuity
- Provide technical documentation to support systems and operating processes that are developed and implemented to act as reference guides if needed.
- Build processes to ensure the teams respect best practice and governance in project delivery
- Ensure hand-over of new projects to Services Support is accurate and timely, in line with agreed processes
Solution Development and Delivery
- Serves as a technical expert representative to clients.
- Suggests technical solutions to meet client requirements more efficiently
- Works with Sales and Pre-sales to ensure that products and services offered match the capabilities of the business.
Technical Effort Management
- Involved in sharing technical knowledge within the organisation.
- Participates as part the professional services team
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Provide regular progress reports to Clients
- Escalate significant issues to the relevant manager with potential courses of resolution on an as needs basis.
- Excellent communication skills essential
Essential Skills and Experience & Education
This role will require in depth knowledge on use of the various technology platforms for the delivery of Project Services to clients. Knowledge and experience in the following would be essential
- Virtualisation concepts and technologies
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Exchange Server /Office 365
- Strong IP skills
- Core hardware infrastructure e.g. servers, storage
- Backup as a Service
- DR as a Service
- Infrastructure as a Service (Cloud Services)
- Experience in a Technical Consulting environment
- Microsoft MCSE/VCP
- Third level IT qualification
- Exposure to other Microsoft cloud products such as Office 365Azure.
- Experienced in design and delivery of Windows Server based solutions.
- Experienced in design and delivery of VMware based solutions.
This is an opportunity to join the success story of a dynamic and expanding international MSP and play a pivotal role in their ongoing success. Salary is €50 – 65k depending on experience plus benefits.
Contact me on email@example.com for more information.