With Cyber and Information Security being a dominant feature within daily life today – this is an area that is on everyone’s radar. Do you want to be part of a team that will make a difference in anticipating risk and building resilience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work on a wide variety of exciting projects as part of a talented, supportive team?
The role is based within our clients Cybersecurity and Information Resilience (CSIR) team with a secondment for a fixed period of time into the “Internet of Things” Lab where you will be carrying out hardware hacking and IoT penetration testing on a variety of devices and ecosystems, as well as internal and external testing, web application, web services and mobile application penetration testing. The work in the IoT lab is highly varied and includes testing against industry best practice or schemes on a variety of connected devices, including home automation, security systems and safety systems. Following the completion of the secondment within the IoT lab, you will become part of the CSIR Penetration Testing team with a focus on delivering high quality penetration testing for our clients across multiple verticals.
As there is a client facing aspect to this role, excellent written and verbal communication skills will be vital. With varied assignments working alone or as part of a team, your security skills and understanding of risk will ensure improved security for our clients.
Ideally, you’ll have a minimum of two years of security assessment experience and have a strong technical background coupled with a curious nature. An interest in IoT, hardware hacking and general penetration testing is required.
This role will be home or office based depending upon location, and for the duration of the secondment, will typically require around 40% of your time to be spent in our lab facility in Hemel Hempstead and will have a mixture of remote working, office working and some travel to client sites. Outside of the IoT lab secondment, the role will be either home or office based with work on client site as required.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a passion for technology and a good awareness of the associated security risks.
- Have experience of, or demonstrate significant interest in, hardware hacking and/or IoT penetration testing.
- Have a strong technical background including experience of networks and Operating Systems.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-motivated with the ability to effectively manage your own time and responsibilities.
- You will be able to demonstrate your skills and experience by holding industry recognized certifications such as CREST CPSA, CRT or CCT, OSCP, OSCE, Tiger Scheme QSTM or SST or Cyber Scheme TM or TL
- Be keen to develop your technical skills and wider industry knowledge.
Our clients CSIR offers a varied and challenging environment with opportunities to develop and progress within the Cyber Security industry which is limited only by your ambition. We actively encourage team attendance at external conferences and industry events.