Payroll Specialist (EMEA-GER)
Initial appointment will be contract with a very high outcome of extending to permanent role.
- Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to work effectively in a multi-functional, multi-cultural environment, who is open to change and will embrace the challenges that arise in a fast-moving environment.
- You will be responsible for the day to day processing of assigned payrolls for Group’s EMEA entities through outsource providers. Countries include Spain, Italy, Poland, Netherlands, Turkey, Sweden
- Ensure payrolls are processed accurately, timely and in accordance with local country requirements
- Validate and submit payroll files from HR and time tracking systems
- Populate additional pay and personnel data into templates for payroll processing
- Ensure all equity transactions are captured and processed within the pay periods
- Complete month end payroll activities
- Ensure that monthly and yearly local tax payments and compliance requirements are met
- Ensure sufficient controls are in place and implemented to capture changes month over month and any differences are reconciled and explained
- Schedule, facilitate and participate in payroll-related meetings and presentations
- Provide timely and accurate reporting to internal and external agencies and local government authorities
- Monitor submission of filings and payments to third parties made for processing vendor
- Interact directly with third parties and tax authorities for issue resolution
- Create and maintain control documentation, process flows and procedures
- Work with HR function to ensure consistent and accurate flow of information
- Work with external providers regarding specific payroll treatment for employees e.g. expatriate, international assignments & equity
- Work with internal and external audit to ensure the integrity of the payroll information
- Ensure a consistent focus and involvement in driving efficiencies and process improvements.
- Intake and action employee payroll issues, including case tracking, payroll vendor inquiries and follow-up with employee
- Report on PTO balances from time off management system
- Other duties as assigned
- 3 years + experience in similar role
- The ability to communicate effectively in German is essential, other languaes desirable
- Previous experience in an HR Payroll position essential
- Knowledge of local legal requirements, statutory forms and reporting etc.
- Solid administrative skills with knowledge of MS Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Analytical mind with a will to resolve issues efficiently
- Proactive, ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Diplomatic team player
- Professional attitude, understanding the importance of attention to detail
- Understanding of and following procedures and HR practices.
- Working knowledge of Workday HCM platform preferred.
- Exposure to stock processing and rules (desirable)
- Exposure to Hypo tax calculations
- To be able to understand the importance of escalating issues that sit beyond the scope of the role
- Working knowledge of Workday, ADP Streamline
- Experience of Vendor change an advantage
What our client offers?
- Future career opportunities with international exposure via the groups network of global locations
- A supportive and diverse environment that allows our employees to thrive and learn
- Flexible working
- Attractive compensation and benefits
- A socially innovative company that helps communities world wide through charitable giving or donation of time (i.e. habitat for Life volunteering)
- A green, sustainable working environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a community that is committed to fostering the following 4 cultural values: Innovation & Creativity; Collaboration; Diversity & Inclusion and Wellness.