Operations Control Analyst Brokerage
OPERATIONS CONTROL – OPERATIONAL ANALYST – BROKER FIRM – PERMANENT OPPORTUNITY
The role :
- Daily reconciliation of securities and cash movements arising from the firms brokerage activities and related downstream processes, ensuring accuracy in financial reporting and mitigating operational risk.
- Daily reconciliation of the firms cash balances, securities holdings and pending cash and stock movements.
- Daily monitoring and management of corporate actions (eg. Dividends, bonus issues etc) linked to equities being traded by the firm.
- Daily monitoring of the firms post trade settlement and clearing processes.
- Management and monitoring of the group’s cash balances. Minimise group overdraft interest charges and maximise returns on deposits by way of daily transfers between the firms international cash accounts. Daily and monthly reporting to senior management on the firms cash holdings.
- Manage foreign exchange transactions and investigate any differences on a timely basis, including booking foreign exchange deals to the general ledger and instruct cash transfers to ensure timely settlement.
- Manage intra-day cash transfers and provide daily cash reports to senior management.
- Reconciliation, reporting and payment of relevant stamp duty taxes and financial transaction taxes
Experience required :
- Must be coming from a high volume controls investment environment – strong preference from candidates dealing directly in trading / investment operations / instruction client environments
- Experience in reconciliation, payments or accounting experience is preferred
- Good PC skills required
- Excellent Excel skills desirable (e.g. manipulating high volumes of data and running pivot tables).
- Quality mindset – with commitment to continuous improvement and delivering right solutions first time
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills