Position: Network Engineer
Location: Dublin City Centre
I am working with a global giant who are seeking a Network Engineer to join the team at their state of the art offices based in Dublin City Centre on an 11-month contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for deploying, configuring and supporting a large-scale production and corporate network and server infrastructure in data centres and POP sites.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join one of the world’s most well-known brands and grow within the organisation.
Full details of this role are available upon request.
- 3+ years’ experience in data centre deployment, building large-scale infrastructure, and providing support for Linux based servers and network devices.
- Knowledge of data centre practices e.g. cable routing, calculating power usage and cooling
- Experience with field-based work in POPs, carrier hotels, or Central Office environments.
- Experience with Enterprise and Service Provider network hardware platforms and architectures including Cisco and Juniper routers/switches and Nexus data center switching platforms.
- Have a sound and in-depth understanding of IP technologies such as MPLS, BGP, RSVP-TE, IS-IS
- Experience with IPv6 and familiarity with scripting languages is strongly desired
- Proficiency in Linux operating system
- Certification such as CCNA, JNCIA, RHCT or equivalent experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of Queue Management for tasks and incidents, vendor engagement and escalation and participation in ongoing POPs deployment projects
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
If you are interested in this position and would like to hear more, please call me on 014744523 or e-mail email@example.com to discuss in confidence.