Liability Claims Handler
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is within the Liability Team and will include the desk-top administration, investigation and negotiation of a portfolio of motor, liability, damage and injury claims and other claims related activities.
• Proactive end to end management of a portfolio of 250 – 300 liability and motor files with specific closure and quality targets
• Early Settlement of injury claims
• Work with Solicitors on litigated files and pro-actively manage a litigation claims portfolio
• Provide an excellent customer service to our clients
• Work as part of a team, liaising with external field adjusters and other areas of the business
• Represent the business in a professional and positive manner at all times
• Maintain a positive attitude when faced with challenging circumstances and changing business needs
• Be flexible with time and willing to get involved in other areas of the business as requested by management, including travelling to other locations if necessary
• Assist with mentoring, training and support of other members of the team
• To develop and maximise opportunities in order to promote the business
• Support the development and implementation of the Liability strategy to enable the delivery of overall business targets.
• Management of key Client accounts, compilation of reports and attendance at Client meetings
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience handling motor liability claims.
• Injury claims handling experience a distinct advantage
• CIP minimum and willing to progress with further studies
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A clear understanding of injury case reserving, valuing quantum and settlement/negotiation tactics within the Irish jurisdiction.
Demonstrate experience in early settlement of injury claims, direct contact with Plaintiff’s Solicitors and involvement in settlement meetings for complex personal injury claims.
The ideal candidate must be a Team Player with a positive attitude and have the following skills and attributes:
• Technical proficiency in relevant legislation/ acts / case law to assist liability determination
• Detailed understanding of processing of liability claims and ability to assist team members
• Highly motivated, proactive and with excellent influential skills to influence both internally and externally
• Demonstrate impartiality and a sense of fairness.
• Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Possess a high level of organisational skills and problem solving ability
• Show tact, sympathy and patience.
• Excellent understanding of the business strategy and able to promote the business to customers (insurer, intermediary and end customer / policy holder)
• Customer orientated and displays a willingness to meet and understand customer’s needs
• Demonstrate excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
• Possess excellent negotiating skills.
• A full understanding of market agreements / developments and quantum
• Ability to initiate new process improvements
• Have a “can do’ attitude and demonstrate a desire to deliver performance excellence.
• Have proven team-working skills and the ability to see the “big picture”.
• Possess an ability to maintain focus, control and positivity under pressure