Laboratory Technical Support
Do you have experienced in Research and Development? Do you have experience in an industrial laboratory? We have an exciting new position available to work as part of our Global IT client, the worlds most renowned Social Media platform, in the heart of Cork City.
The role sits within Laboratory Technical Support, as part of a wider team of Engineers and Scientists, conducting research and development on LED’s.
- The Engineering Technician sets up and performs a variety of tests within areas of responsibility where basic knowledge of the underlying scientific and engineering fundamentals is required.
- Provides feedback regarding equipment performance, tests, and their results. May plan tests, evaluate routine test results and report opinions and interpretations.
- Builds and/or adapts setup and test equipment to new situations, based on instructions from engineering personnel.
- Operates designated machines and special laboratory equipment. Performs routine maintenance of designated test equipment and laboratory area.
- Receives instructions from and reports data to engineers and other laboratory personnel.
- Integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or other laboratory science is preferred, with 2 or more years of relevant experience working in an R&D, or industrial laboratory.
- Experience working in an engineering environment.
- Experience with the interaction of materials, processes, and equipment.
- Excellent mechanical skills, to maintain process equipment.
- Need to have electronics and/or optoelectronics lab experience, NOT chemical/pharmaceutical lab
- Ability to react to resets and changes in a time sensitive environment.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Positive team behaviors, including interpersonal skills, positive attitude, sharing information, and giving and accepting feedback.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
**This is an 11 month contract**
**Excellent onsite benefits and competitive pay**
If this opportunity sounds like something you could be interested in, please do not hesitate to get in contact on firstname.lastname@example.org OR call 01 474 4504.