L3 Messaging & Collaboration Engineer
Focus is Skype for business 2015 on-premise, you’ll need a proven track level in architecting and supporting Skype for Business in a large enterprise with expertise in all aspects including Conferencing and Voice. My client is a global company based in Dublin and this role is on an 11-month contract.
As you’d expect they are looking for a solid background as a L3 Support Engineer, something around 5 years with approx. 10 years overall. Previous experience within a large enterprise, typically more than 10k users is expected.
You will also be responsible for the resolution of escalated support cases up to L3 from their global service desk. Monitoring of existing platforms and speedy resolution of any issues. Participating and running projects and proof of concepts of new tools and platforms. There will be elements of working late night outage windows and supporting on-call shift rotation.
As the ideal candidate, you’ll be able to demonstrate an analytical approach to problem solving, showing initiative in tackling problems and improving the environment to prevent problems pro-actively.
You will be customer centric, highly aware and adapt at dealing with users from various parts of the company up to and including Exec level. As well as working well with other teams within the IT org. It is expected you’ll be a self-starter, able to work independently and you will be able to deliver on tasks in a timely and efficient manner, working with colleagues spread around the globe.
Technology knowledge in the platforms supported must be at a high level. There will also be the opportunity to learn new technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of Messaging and Collaboration technologies
- 5 years of L3 knowledge for Lync/Skype for Business including architecture planning/design and deployment
- Extensive knowledge of Lync/Skype for Business Conferencing & Enterprise Voice including deployment & troubleshooting.
- 3 years of L3 Exchange/Messaging experience – specifically with O365 Exchange Online and/or Exchange 2010/2013 or 2016
- High level experience of scripting with MSFT PowerShell (both Exchange and S4B-Lync)
- High level experience with networking technologies including routing/VLANs/firewalls
- High level experience of load balancing technologies including F5
- High level experience of supporting Windows OS both Server and Desktop
- Experience with Office 2010/2013/2016 support at L3 level
- Experience of administrating Slack is desired as well as other collaboration platforms
This is a very exciting opportunity with one of the world’s largest payment system providers. This is an 11-month FTC initially, salary is dependent on experience but the senior end it’s circa €83k plus benefits.