Java Developer /Contractor
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Java developer to play a vital role within the Digital Solutions team of a leading financial services organisation based in Dublin. You will be working within an Agile/Scrum environment alongside a market leading team of award-winning technologists and be involved in some of the most exciting innovation projects in the industry. The successful individual will report to the Engineering Lead and will have the opportunity to influence the formation and direction of the digital portfolio of projects.
As a Java Developer you will be working on a variety of greenfield and active projects across the business. As part of our Digital Solutions group, we will look for someone who have demonstrated creative problem solving, working well within a large enterprise and evidence of bringing your own ideas to the table.
Your main responsibilities as a Java Developer will be designing and developing fantastic Java based applications for our Innovative portfolio. The Java Developer will be developing high performance applications utilising cutting edge technologies within a collaborative Agile working environment. You will have a big input into the architecture and design and be given a large amount of autonomy in doing so.
We encourage our Developers to come forward with bright ideas and give them the tools and chance to do so.
Key Skills, Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess skills in:
• Java / Spring / Spring Boot / MyBatis / TDD / RESTful and SOAP Web Services / Oracle / Mockito / WebSphere
• 4+ years of experience designing, developing and deploying Java Applications.
• Agile / Scrum familiarity an advantage.
• Experience in SOAP & REST based services is a requirement.
• Experience and belief in Test Driven Development is a key requirement.
• Background in financial services ideal.
• Oracle experience a key advantage – for example stored procedures, materialized views, optimization.
• Experience with MongoDB, Hadoop, Tableau or Apache Spark would be a key differentiator.
• Experience with Angular 2 or 4, TypeScript, HTML5 and CSS3 would be desirable.
• Dedicated experience in the Funds Management industry would be a key differentiator.
• The ability to thrive in an innovative and ambiguous working environment is important.
• An exceptional communication and facilitation skill is an important requirement.
• You are a strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
• High energy, dynamic, results focused and a team player.
• A genuine interest in the latest cutting edge technologies.
st cutting edge technologies.