Infrastructure Technical Project Manager
They design, implement, manage and support dynamic virtualised infrastructure as a service.
They are looking to recruit an Infrastructure/Technical Project Manager is to ensure a high standard of technical excellence in all aspects of project delivery for their customers across our IT Infrastructure Solutions. Key to this is to ensure all aspects of the Project delivery of the professional services team activity is delivered on time line, within budget and in line with customer expectations.
Overview of Role
- To ensure successful delivery of projects services to include roll-out and delivery of projects for our customers.
- Responsibility for the delivery of project services to ensure excellent levels of customer satisfaction.
- Defines, communicates and enforces project management standards and framework.
- Chair and conduct weekly and monthly reviews of the PMO Service both internally and for our customers.
- Risk & Issue identification and management throughout the project
- Create documentation for project including Project Plan, Gantt Chart, Resource Plans, Status Reports, Risk Logs
Roles and Responsibilities
- Has a responsibility for liaising with and maintaining lasting client relationships
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and ensure delivery of appropriate project delivery services
- Ensures that we consistently deliver superior technical services to clients.
- Provide support and advice on specific technology used within the project Services
- To ensure best practice is put in place for documentation and processes of project services in line with industry standard best practices
- Ensures adequate standards of governance and change-control to ensure zero-impact on clients’ business continuity
- Provide technical documentation to support systems and operating processes that are developed and implemented to act as reference guides if needed.
- Build processes to ensure the teams respect best practice and governance in project delivery
Services Development and Delivery
- Serves as a customer expert representative across the business and to clients.
- Works with Sales and Pre-sales to ensure that Project Services offered match the capabilities of the business.
- Works closely with all service delivery staff to ensure that all clients are being serviced to agreed SLAs.
- Manages the P and L for our enterprise clients.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to our clients.
- Be the main point of contact for the business for the day to day management of all project Delivery matters and provide regular progress reports to management
- Escalate significant issues to the Director of Operations, Sales Director and/or Managing Director with potential courses of resolution on an as needs basis.
- Provide internal systems training and develop supporting materials as required to assist in the delivery of project Services to our Clients.
- Handle difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion, HR advice, and respect for the individual.
- Play a Leadership role for our clients and develop and foster teamwork amongst the individuals and teams delivering projects to the clients.
Essential Skills & Education
This role will require in depth knowledge on use of the various technology platforms for the delivery of Project Services to clients. Knowledge and experience in the following would be beneficial
- Managed IT as a Services
- Virtualisation concepts and technologies
- Windows Server Active Directory
- Exchange Server /Office 365
- Strong IP skills
- Core hardware infrastructure e.g. servers, storage
- Backup as a Service
- DR as a Service
- Infrastructure as a Service (Cloud Services)
Project Management Skills
- A deep understanding of Project Management Systems and Frameworks is required with preference for a formal Project management certification.
- Ability to manage the project management process from start to finish, including communication and keep the customer up to date always.
- Continuously improves and optimises our project management framework
- Experience in a Technical Consulting environment
- Third level IT qualification
- Formal Project Management certification
- Exposure to other Microsoft cloud products such as Office 365Azure.
- Experienced in design and delivery of Windows Server based solutions.
- Experienced in design and delivery of VMware based solutions.
This is an opportunity to join the success story of a dynamic and expanding international MSP and play a pivotal role in their ongoing success. Salary is €60 – 75k depending on experience plus benefits.
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.