The successful candidate will play a key role in managing the HR and performance management function in the organisation and drive new initiatives and projects in an excellent company. The successful candidate will manage a range of day-to-day activities in the Human Resources department.
A brief overview of the HR Lead’s responsibilities:
- Compensation and Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Employment law advice and guidance
- Performance Management
- Health & Safety
- Policy Development
- Departmental Awareness
- HR systems and tools
- Staff Engagement
HR Lead Duties
- Oversee both the HR and Recruitment Department with a team of direct reports.
- Manage and carry out HR functions in particular, providing advice to staff.
- Lead Human Resource development strategies, policies and initiatives to deliver programmes
- Develop and lead the implementation of team targets
- Make a significant corporate contribution towards the goals and ambitions of the organisation
- Co-ordinate with the Recruitment Team Leader to ensure recruitment and retention of the best people to support the business through both internal and external recruitment.
- Member of Senior Management Team, and act as HR and Recruitment point of referral for Senior Management.
- Development, implementation and administration of policies and programs related to the management of all staff
- Assist with the control of payroll, compensation & benefits.
- To provide feedback to staff on a range of issues
- To manage and contribute to the development of appropriate HR policies and systems and to carry out other HR/Management functions as required
- To work with other colleagues across the business function on organisational development, staff resources and industrial relations where appropriate.
- Carry out annual staff survey
- Play a key role in client relationship management alongside managers from various other departments within the organisation
- Attend senior management meetings and client meetings
- 3-4 years HR experience
- CIPD certified / member
- Ability to lead on major change initiatives and role model effective change Has a positive approach, open to change
- Is able to adapt style of communication to suit audience needs and is able to communicate at all levels effectively to gain credibility
- Listens and responds positively to the needs of individuals, teams and the organisation
- Can handle issues in a sensitive and confidential manner.
- Has creative problem solving approach, uses others to generate solutions
- Applies sound judgement to HR related issues.
HR Generalist / Business Partner required for excellent multinational company close to the City Centre.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all legal requirements and applies best practice at all times. If found to be non-compliant, develop action plan to address issue and escalate to HR Manager where appropriate
- Ensure all messages and communication complies with management policy
- Policy development and documentation; ensure HR policies and procedures are updated in line with current legislation. Develop new policies in line with changing requirements
- Maintain effective & constructive relationships with all management and staff to effect positive change to new environment.
- Support Team Managers and Team Leaders in implementing business change
- Monitor attrition levels, identify trends and work with team leaders to ensure we achieve target attrition
- Provide Management Information in respect of all required HR Statistics for monitoring headcount, time and attendance, attrition etc (i.e. absenteeism/attrition stats etc.)
- Produce standard and ad-hoc reports as requested
- Manage the process for new hires to point of end of probation
- Build two-way effective relationships with other Business Partners to ensure successful business benefits from best practice
- Build & manage own personal identity with key stakeholders
- Build effective relationships with operation managers ensuring they adhere to all people and HR practices effectively and provide prompting and support as required.
- Be main point of contact for employees in order to address their HR concerns
- Develop & implement strategic HR initiatives as requirements identify.
- Have an active involvement in, and a positive contribution to any HR Projects that may arise
- Ensure new and existing people practices are recurrent, happen in a timely manner and are to the satisfaction of all parties involved, i.e. performance management, bonus payments etc.
- Facilitate timely resolution of all employee relations issues maintaining an appropriate balance between employee and management advocacy
- Collect and analyse HR data; identify opportunities, define problems, and recommend viable solutions, i.e Time and Attendance, Attrition.
- Lead and/or assist in the development of Human Resources manuals, forms, reports, etc. Assist with establishing project plans and process flow mapping i.e. process and procedure creation and maintenance, employee handbook etc.
- Project manage various HR initiatives and projects as needed.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with other business departments.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training in HR related fields to all levels of the business.
- Review, update, and maintain HR information in all communication media; newsletter, intranet, employee handbook etc.
- Maintain and update employee handbook as appropriate
- Responsible for the data integrity of the Time Management System. Supervise the work of others involved with data entry and correction of anomalies
- Work with the Payroll Dept, other HR staff and all levels of Operations Managers to ensure the payroll is efficient and accurate
- Update all HR systems consistent with employee data maintenance needs, i.e. TMS, MSS, filing.
- Responsible for the design and delivery of various employee welfare activities, including information sessions, fun activities, site wide events etc.
- Consult with managers and supervisors to resolve personnel issues, and ensure people management practices are conducted in line with current legislation.
- Conduct disciplinary and grievance meetings.
- Provide change management support to managers ensuring that change programs maintain high levels of employee engagement and commitment.
- Champion employee feedback to ensure we maintain an environment of continuous improvement and customer focused culture through the Staff Survey, Staff Focus Group etc.
- Support managers in fostering a supportive culture.
- Manage the performance management process to ensure timely and satisfactory completion of performance reviews, and data maintenance (reviews on SharePoint, filing).
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Good knowledge of employment law and HR policy & procedure
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma in HR or equivalent
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- CIPD qualified or part-qualified
- Proficient in Microsoft office package’s
- Good working knowledge of Employment Legislation
- Experience of disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Other employment legislation
Ability to listen and be objective in all situations
Proven record of maintaining confidentiality
To have at least HR Admin or Generalist role experience.