Head of Compliance MLRO
Senior Manager, Compliance and MLRO – permanent role
The Senior Manager, Compliance and MLRO will be responsible for the maintenance of an effective, integrated, proactive and risk-based program for the management of regulatory, compliance, AML and reputational risk for the company’s business platforms in Ireland while promoting a strong culture of ethics, compliance and integrity. As a member of the company Ireland Management Committee and the local Head of Compliance (PCF-15 role with the Central Bank), the Senior Manager will be accountable for the quality and consistency of compliance performance and provide independent oversight of regulatory, AML and compliance risks and controls in relation to all relevant governing laws, regulations, directives, standards and guidelines in relation to the company business.
- Establish and maintain a compliance framework covering the company in accordance with applicable banking and securities laws/regulations and Global compliance standards.
- Implement compliance strategy for the group Ireland and be responsible for assessing and managing the inherent compliance risk, including being accountable for instilling within the business the central role they play as the First Line of Defence, promote strong compliance culture to ensure that the company complies with its regulatory obligations and ethical standards.
- Report on a timely basis, and in adequate format, of significant compliance issues and relevant updates, significant regulatory developments and regulatory exams and internal compliance initiatives, both to Compliance Management (including Compliance Chief Administration Officer Europe & Asia) and local governance forums.
- Manage the regulatory change agenda and have maximum flexibility to pursue enterprise and businesses’ strategic objectives within the governmental and regulatory environments in which the company Ireland operates.
- Oversee and manage financial crime risks (AML, ATF, Sanctions, ABAC) for the company business platforms in Ireland and implement processes to identify AML risk that considers clients, products, distribution channels, complexity and types of transactions, systems and the internal operating and regulatory environment in line with Group AML requirements.
- Maintain oversight responsibility of the AML and Suspicious Activity Reporting architecture, including working with the Head of AML for the company to support and enhance the Global I&TS AML Monitoring Program to detect potential Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing, Economic Sanctions and ABAC issues by assessing the effectiveness of current processes and controls.
- Manage, coach and develop the Compliance team and ensure the team understand our strategy, vision, values & culture, as well as support and reinforce client focused behaviours that contribute to the company goals.
Experience Required :
- Between 5 to 10 years of prior extensive and demonstrable experience in a manager role within the financial services sector; preferably with significant Compliance exposure.
- In-depth knowledge of laws, regulations and best practices related to Regulatory Compliance, AML, ATF, Sanctions and ABAC.
- Post-secondary degree; preferable legal, economic or other relevant degree.
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and the ability to influence and direct internal and external colleagues.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and must be able to deal with a variety of issues on a concurrent basis.
Further details in confidence please contact Barbara Donnellan at 01 474 4512