Head of Cash Payments & Reconciliations
Title: Head of Cash Payments & Reconciliations – Vice President
- Manage high profile client relationships from an Investor Services perspective by engaging with the AFS Clients and developing relationships with them
- Management and oversight of the Investor Services Cash Processing & Reconciliations team to ensure their work is of the highest quality standards. Ensure that the team operates efficiently, adheres to procedures
- Carry out daily cash flow monitoring oversight in adherence with the Departments procedures
- Sponsor a programme of continuous improvement to mitigate risks, eliminate inefficiencies and/or improve client experiences and in order to support the build-out of capacity and scale within the team
- A key member of the department management team, charged with progressing a variety of initiatives
- Consider / develop options to enhance /re-engineer /streamline process flows – considering A.I. as a solution
- Support and drive new product enhancements, develop best practice and support the build out of capacity and scale within the organization
- Identify timely any significant cash flows challenges and ensure prompt decision making to resolve
- Oversight of interest reconciliation calculations and breaks ensure prompt closure and good structure to formats
- Ensure project work assigned is completed timely, accurately and within budget, using departmental template and ensuring relevant Departmental documents are updated to ensure “current”.
- Ensure understanding of regulatory changes and coordinate implementation (as applicable) to your unit and the wider team.
- Monitor on an on-going basis the outcomes of all reconciliations and actions taken as a result of any discrepancies identified by the reconciliation, ensuring timely close out of breaks.
- Ensure work is scheduled timely and allocated across the team members and review work of team members for accuracy and completeness.
- Recruit, train, motivate and develop staff to ensure a fully functioning team capable of meeting the department’s objectives, including leading the performance management process.
- Hold regular team meetings and create an environment of good communication with effective two-way feedback of information and ideas
- Foster and support a culture of best practice and ‘white glove’ service to clients within the Investor Services area of the business.
- Ensure that Investor Services deliverables set out in Service Level Agreements are achieved.
- Liaise with clients to identify and implement service requirements to ensure that our client is delivering best in class service.
- Help foster and cultivate a change culture where we strive to provide the highest quality service.
- Encourage a programme of continuous improvement for the team to either mitigate risks or improve client experiences
- Attend new business meetings for existing clients seeking to set up new funds. Review documentation and application forms for completeness to ensure that service identified can be delivered
- Ensure Reporting to Senior Management is completed accurately and timely
- Third Level Qualification
- Financial Services related qualification
- 5-7 years experience in Fund Administration with at least 2 years in a management capacity
- Project Management skills
- Experience of a variety of fund types – e.g. Mutual, Offshore, Irish domiciled, Limited Partnership, Private Equity
- In-depth knowledge of Transfer Agency life-cycle, including AML
- Knowledge of MFTA, Neolink, SWIFT, NTAS an advantage
- Hard working Team Player who likes to work within and contribute to an organizational team structure
- Adaptability: ability to adapt to and work within a dynamic changing environment
- Strong Numerical, Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Strong Leadership skills
- Keen awareness of Client Service standards
- Change Management
- Relationship Management skills
For more information contact Patrick on 01 47 4511