Head of Business Risk & Control Management
Due to continued growth, my client wishes to recruit a Head of Business Risk and Control Manager.
Business Risk & Control Management (BRCM) roles act as a First Line of Defence and work closely with Risk Owners and Control Owners to ensure the execution of operational risk management activities as defined by the Operational Risk Management Framework within a Business or Function. They provide expert operational risk advice and input, and control monitoring for the Business or Function.
Role holders will carry out activities that will include most of the following:
• Drive attainment of functional/functional unit results
• Co-ordinate and manage several complex projects
Supports and embeds change initiatives, identifying and developing new or improved delivery mechanisms
• Independently perform assignments to achieve the stated objective. Determine and develop an approach to solutions
• Responsibility for the delivery of end results and will contribute to planning, finances, budget and policy development
• Act as escalation point for complex issues
• Negotiate mainly internally and at higher levels
• Responsibility for supervising a department or a functional unit/area team
• Management responsibility for a team of professionals, including people, performance, budget and planning decisions
• Act in an advisory role/influence the direction of own discipline
• Understand functional risks in own functional area and monitor team adherence to policies
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Educated to undergraduate or post-graduate degree level in Accountancy, Finance or related field.
- Strong leadership and management ability, including motivating employees in the wider organisation.
- Deep understanding of the bank’s structures, processes and objectives, especially in the risk environment.
- Broad knowledge of the external environment (regulatory, political, competitors etc.).
- Deep knowledge of GBM: functionally, operationally and financially.
- High level of drive and motivation to ensure delivery of a broad range of outputs simultaneously.
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in clear language.
- Use judgement and experience to determine how to handle complex requests and varying timescales; make judgements quickly and consistently.
- Relationship management and collaboration skills: ability to form effective relationships and achieve influence with peers across the organisation.
- Interpersonal skills: proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group.
- Practical experience of major business transformation activities.
- Proven abilities in managing virtual teams and working across cultures in a global business context.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced candidate looking for career development.
To apply in confidence please send a CV in word format to email@example.com or call directly on 01 4744512