Fund Accounting Team Lead
Title: Fund Accounting Team Lead
- Review of daily, weekly, and monthly Hedge Fund NAVs, ensuring that they are signed off in accordance with agreed procedures
- To manage the daily workflow of a number of clients within the team, meeting agreed deadlines and to maintain positive client relations
- To supervise staff (6-8) and to provide a detailed review of their work in conjunction with the Assistant Manager in accordance with established procedures. Implement development planning of team members; recognise training needs of staff and to suggest courses that would be suitable for each individual
- Assign work to subordinates and continually monitor their performance. Prepare and conduct periodical performance reviews with the Assistant Manager
- Investigating client issues or resolving valuation related enquiries. Assisting the team members in resolving differences or investigating unusual entries / fund movements
- Ensure all work and tasks done within the team comply with approved policies, procedures and control routines applicable to all employees and those specific to the department
- Conduct quarterly process analysis on all funds within the team to ensure appropriate controls are in place
- Ensure good communication with the Assistant Manger to ensure awareness of all issues within the team
- Provide monthly and quarterly statistics in relation to the funds within the team for internal MIS and for external Board meetings. Ensure that theses are delivered within the agreed timeframe
- Ensure all agreed reporting is delivered to the client and the Auditors within the agreed timeframe
- Understanding of fund operating documents, prospectus, pricing policy, agreements
- Manage the take-on of new business into team and the implementation of appropriate procedures as required
- Assist with the further development of the fund accounting process and systems to meet future market and client developments
- A minimum of 2 years Fund Accounting experience incorporating the above key responsibilities, with 1 year at a Senior Fund Accountant level.
- Team leadership skills, including mentoring, assessment, training and development planning.
- A third level qualification preferably in a business or accounting related discipline.
- Qualified or part qualified accountant.
- Good organisational, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated.
- Highly computer literate
- Strong numerical / analytical skills
For more information contact Patrick on 01 474 4511